08

-

Before I knew it, this woman started baptising me with kisses. There wasn't a spot on my face where her lips didn't meet, except for my mouth which I'm quite grateful for.

"U-Uhm.."

She pulled away from me with her hands still cupping my cheeks, after I spoke. I met her ruby colored eyes and we stared at each other's orbs.

In a flash, she wrapped her arms tightly around my figure which made me flinch.

"You're so adorable!" I finally heard her voice, but her actions are still confusing me.

"U-Uhm..may I ask, who are you?"

I questioned which made her pull away a little and cupped my cheeks again. She gave me a heart warming smile that looked quite familiar to Athanasia which made my eyes widen in shock.

"Forgive me, dear. You're just so lovely and I've never hold neither of you and your sister until now." Her gentle toned voice made me tremble in shock and happiness.

"M-Mom..?" Tears built up on the corner of her eyes.

"Yes, dear. I'm your mother."

My vision started to blurry with the tears that are building up. My body trembled because of how happy I am to finally meet my mother, my own mother, me and Athanasia's mother.

"Mom! Mom! Mom!"

I cried as I crashed myself onto her and wrapped my arms around her. I couldn't control my tears or my emotions, receiving such warmness from the person who gave birth to me is enough to break my walls.

"Oh, dear... Don't cry now, darling. It was difficult trying to be the adult for you and your sister, right? You must've been damaged a lot."

"It was..! I failed you, mom! I failed to protect Athanasia from father! I failed to protect her, even now!" I tightened my arms around her as I cried.

"You didn't fail anyone because you tried, even if you knew what've might happen, you still tried your best until the end."

Such words I've never heard from my own father, I never thought I'd be hearing these words from my mother. I'm so happy..

"Mom, what should I do? Athanasia's risking her life, again, for someone who once killed her..!" I didn't care if I badmouthed him to his own wife, he badmouthed her before, after all.

"Hush.. Alicia, sometimes, you have to let your sister decide what she wants because that's the path she chose. As for your father, I already handled him." I slightly looked up and met her gaze.

"You handled him? How?" I questioned which made her look up behind me.

I slightly turned around and saw him standing there with his eyes staring at us. I frowned at the sight and turned away from him. I rested my face on top of her collarbone.

"Alicia."

His voice called out to me and it's quite disturbing because he was using his normal tone and not the venomous one. I tightened my hug around my mother's waist.