04

-

I stared at the man who proclaimed me as his niece, the last emperor.

Daddy is in a coma.

Lucas isn't with me right now.

And something strange is unfolding before me.

"Late emperor?!"

"My God!!"

"Duke Alpheus, what is the meaning of this?!"

The person who was staying at the Alpheus residence.

The person who was oddly kind to Jennette.

And,

The person I most likely saw in my dream.

I gripped on my chest. I see. That's why I can't find him no matter how hard I searched! Because all the records of the previous emperor were erased from public records! But how can a dead person be standing here?

"Duke Alpheus, are you the one who brought this man into the palace? Do you think his majesty will forgive you for this?" Felix questioned as he pointed the sword at the previous emperor.

"Sheath your sword, Felix Robane. Who do you think I am?" He questioned the red haired knight.

What should I do?

The person with the highest rank here is me. I need to respond accordingly.

"...Let me ask you a question. Are you my uncle?" I questioned as I stared at him.

"Yes, princess Athanasia. I believe this is the first time we've officially met." A shiver run down through my spine when he blurted out those words.

Those eyes..

He's really daddy's older brother.

"...I was under the assumption that you had already passed, uncle. I'm surprised to see that you've been alive all this time."

He tried to kill daddy so many times, but in the end, he ended up dying by daddy's hand.

"I know, right? I apologize for showing up without notice." He smiled.

I'm so confused.

How is he alive? Why didn't he try to do something to me last time when we ran into each other?

The public knows of him as the dead man who died while waging war on daddy, how do I handle him?

Since the late emperor is still a member of the royal family, I can't just detain him.