Love Me [3]

Jungkook woke up with a smile on his face the next morning. He was happy remembering the previous day. He quickly got out of bed, brushed his teeth, got ready for school and went downstairs for breakfast.

After finishing his breakfast he bade his mom goodbye and set out for school. He waited for Taehyung as always but he never showed up. Letting out a soft sigh, Jungkook began walking alone.

He reached school and saw Taehyung and Jimin walking in the corridor with their hands in each other's. Taehyung had forgot about him again...Jungkook's heart broke a little more when he realised it.

He quietly went to his class and took a seat at the back, his previous seat beside Taehyung being already occupied by Jimin. The classroom started filling up as Jungkook was list in his thoughts. Slowly all the students took their respective seats.

After 5 mins the teacher came in and started the class. Jungkook lifted up his head to listen to the teacher when his eyes fell on the vmin couple. Taehyung had not paid any attention to him..he had forgot him. Jungkook could feel his eyes brimming with tears at the thought. He calmned himself down and tried to pay attention to the class.

After the class ended, Jungkook buried his head in his arms and decided to sit there until lunch was over. He didn't have the appetite to eat at all. Moreover Taehyung was his only friend but he also forgot about him, so he really didn't have anyone to eat lunch with.

After a while, he felt a tap on his head. He lifted his head up and saw Taehyung standing in front of him.

"Kookie when did you come?? I didn't see you today so I thought you are absent.." Taehyung said.

Jungkook really didn't answer..or he didn't know how to answer to that question maybe. He just shrugged his shoulders.

"Won't you eat lunch? Come eat with me~"

"No it's okay..I'm not really hungry.." Jungkook just replied, clearly showing his disinterest in the conversation. He was actually trying to calm down the turmoil his heart was going through right now.

Taehyung replied with an okay and left Jungkook alone.

Days went by, and Taehyung began to completely forget about Jungkook. He began to ignore him even. He was too occupied with his boyfriend to notice how Jungkook was losing his smile day by day, to notice how often he was sick and missing school, to notice how often Jungkook was crying in the school washroom after everyday of watching his ignorance towards him. Taehyung failed to acknowledge how their friendship of years was falling apart.

On the other hand Jungkook was becoming lonely day by day. He did not smile, eat or did anything like before. He was the only one affected by their distance. His life followed the same routine of getting up, doing breakfast, going school, skipping lunch, staring at Taehyung and Jimin, crying, sleeping. He lost his energy in doing the simplest things. He tried his best to save their friendship, even considering to apologise to Taehyung for something he doesn't know he did, but nothing worked. It was still the same. It hurt him being invisible to his own best friend.

Days went by and soon it was Jungkook's birthday. He didn't like to celebrate his birthday unlike other kids his age. He usually spent his birthday hanging out the whole day with Taehyung and went out for dinner with his parents and Taehyung. Every year Taehyung comes to his house at exactly 12 to wish him a happy birthday. He doesn't know if it would happen this year though.

It was 12, the calender changed its date to 1st September. Jungkook was staring at the door of his room still a little bit of hope left in his longing eyes.