First Love

" I don't understand why people glorify first love so much, its literally ridiculous", Jungkook said as he took a drag of his cigarette.

" maybe because there is a special bond to it. there must be something, right?" Taehyung replied blowing out the deadly smoke.

"maybe" Jungkook shrugs.

"But one can forget their first love and fall in love again right?" Jungkook asks looking at Taehyung.

But Taehyung is lost looking at the ring in Jungkook's ring finger. The ring that doesn't scream his name.

Taehyung finally comes out of his trance and answers "maybe, who knows? Most people say its quite impossible to forget first loves."

" That's a lie! I fell in love for someone the first time. But I fell in love with another. And I'm even about to marry him!" Jungkook speaks, quite firmly, while playing with his engagement ring.

Taehyung hums But that's only you. It's not the same for everyone."

Taehyung's heart feels a little heavy as he looks at the view.

"You know what? I don't like it when you speak so politically and factually correct with me." Jungkook pouts and the elder laughs out.

"No wonder you decided to marry the most morally and politically imcorrect human ever."Taehyung teases. It was supposed to be just a tease, but why does it hurt him right now?

Why does he feel like the Earth when the moon's not there? Lost in the dark? With no shine or whatsoever.

"But he's amazing and I love him." Jungkook sticks out his tongue acting like he was a toddler and not a man in his early 30s.

"Sure you do." Taehyung chuckles, he hopes Jungkook doesn't hear the bitterness in it.

"HEY KOOK!!!!"

They both turn around. A bright smile on Jungkook's lips while Taehyung feels his heart crack a little.

"Here comes your man." He teases Jungkook , putting on a teasing smile.

"Shut up man" Jungkook rolls his eyes.

"Hi babe!" Ron, Jungkook's fiance smiled.

Taehyung looks away as they both hug each other tight.

"Hi dude you two had fun?" Ron asks Taehyung.

Taehyung nods and shakes Ron's hand. "Yup, he all yours now."

"Uh huh there's still two months to it. Right baby?" Ron looks at Jungkook, who hums.

"Not too much time Ron. I'm giving you a tip. Lock Jungkook up till then, or he might run away from the alter."

"Oh shut up Tae!" Jungkook glares and Taehyung shrugs with a shit eating grin on his face.

"He won't do that. My kook is too sweet to hurt me like that. Isn't it babe?" Ron pouts.

"Ofcourse." Jungkook affirms.

Taehyung's eyes moves between the two. His heart cracks.

"You two just get out of my sight, I do not want to die as a diabetic patient."

"Maybe marry someone and let's be gross together." Jungkook suggests.

"And ruin my life? No thanks. You two have fun tearing each other apart." Taehyung added and he ducked down when Jungkook tried to smack his head.

"Idiot"

"Let's get going babe. Bye Jungkook! See you." Ron takes Jungkook's hand and leaves while waving Taehyung bye.

The smile on Taehyung's smile falls off as soon as they are out of his sight. He slumps his shoulders, and takes out his wallet. His heart weighs down as look at the childhood picture of himself and Jungkook together.

"Seems like I can never forget my first love." He chuckles to himself  eyes on the beautiful smile of Jungkook.

Never, indeed.