pretend

"People fall in love in mysterious ways,
      And maybe it's all part of a plan,
But I'll just keep on making the same mistakes,
     hoping that you'll understand."
                                      - Thinking out loud.

Well Taehyung surely didn't plan to fall in love with those gigantic brown eyes which hold the entire galaxy in them. He didn't plan to fall for the bunny teeth peeking out of the soft petal like lips. He didn't plan to fall for Jungkook, his partner in crime.

It's a mistake

It's a mistake

It's a mistake

It's a-

No, it is not. He knows it is not a mistake. He doesn't regret it. It just it hurts so much and he's gaslighting himself into thinking that he hates it, hates that he fell for his sweet bun.

Taehyung says he moved on with his life. He didn't contact Jungkook for more than 3 months, hven't seen his face more than once a week, haven't looked at the pictures of him saved on his phone(lie).

Yup, he moved on.
He pretends to laugh when his friends fill him about the lovey dovey things Jungkook does with Ron.

He pretends to cringe when his friends talk about how they post stories on insta with hands intertwined, with a love quote as caption.

He pretends not to see Jungkook when he is just standing next to him.

He pretends that he doesn't see Jungkook's stories on insta about his lover.

Yes, he pretends to ignore the increased heartbeat whenever someone mentions Jungkook's name in a conversation. He ignores the urge to talk about Jungkook every chance he gets, he ignores the itch in his hand whenever he sees Ron holding Jungkook's hand. The same hand that once used to be tangled with his own.

That's it. There's nothing he could do except hoping that someday he will get over it. Someday he will finally be able to let someone else near him. Someday he will heal.Till then, he will pretend.