2019

August, 2019

August, 2019

"Could we maybe— start over?" I nervously asked her. I gulped and played with my fingers anxiously under the table.

Choon Hee and I were on a date.

Again.

Yeah, we've been going out for the past months ever since last year's sports fest. But we never really confirmed any labels between us.

We just went with the flow, and enjoyed the emotions that we were feeling.

She licked her lips before she chuckled, "What took you so long to ask?"

I was surprised. I slowly rose my head and looked at her. She was already staring at me beforehand which made me even more anxious.

"Are you— really— are you serious?" I stuttered, failing to properly form my words as I was in such shock. I didn't know she would feel the same to easily say that.

She sighed before she continued, she stirred her teaspoon into her coffee slowly as she spoke,

"I know that I haven't told you a lot of things. Things which happened in my life. There are situations which really changed who I was back then. And I know it really won't be easy for me to open up to you, again. But I will."

She paused and before she slid her hand on top of mine, wrapping her fingers slowly around my own.

"I promise I will. Just a little bit more time." She continued, her voice cracking as she whispered.

I empathetically shared my gaze with her and nodded, reassuringly. I adjusted my hand so that I was now the one intertwining our fingers together.

"I understand. I'll wait." I said, soothingly. Making her release a deep breath before she grinned at me.

"Let's finish this coffee and go out." She spoke, excitedly.

"Yeah, let's do that." I replied, softly before giving her a comforting smile, squeezing her hand ever so slightly just to give her a hint of my reassurance.

We were walking hand in hand under the sun setting sky. Different colors mixed within the heavens above us.

Different shades of pink, orange, yellow. Even tints of blue and purple could be seen. It looked beyond imagination.

She then slowly let go of my hand as she rummaged through her purse, fishing out her phone.