21. Rainbow After The Storm

Hellooo. Are you guys doing fine? 

Anyways, for this one please consider it to be the 64th Grammys in 2022. Also, flashbacks are in ITALICS. Plus it's the longest chapter I've ever written. Just thought I should inform-it's gonna be lengthy af.

Kay, let's not keep you waiting.

Enjoy reading guys~

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOONGI POV

We are headed to Las Vegas to attend the 64th Grammy Awards. To say it's nerve-wrecking will be an understatement. It's the third time we are nominated for the Best Duo/Group category in a row. Even though, we never strive for awards, it is needless to say that ARMYs all around the world are praying for us to finally win a Grammy plus it will definitely be a milestone in KPOP history. Does getting a GRAMMY ever sound bad? Nope. Nada.

I am wearing a simple white shirt with a light beige overall and my favorite pendant hanging from the the bronze-colored chain around my neck. My mother had gifted it before our debut; it's priceless to me.

The Incheon International Airport is heavily crowded like every other time we are here and I can only hope no unwanted incidents will occur. Jin hyung and I are together in this car and we are waiting for the signal to get off the car.

'Yah Yoongi-ah, try to smile at the reporters. Neh?' Agh he started again.
'Hyung, I had to get up at 4 in the morning. If I could, I would have asked the reporters to come beside my hotel bed to see me smile.'
He simply sighed and shook his head, mumbling a small 'Aish! Pabo'.
Now that made me want to smile. Disturbing him is the best really.

'Don't you think there's too many people here today?' He asked, suddenly sounding serious, with a small frown on his forehead. I turned my head to look through the window.
'I mean, I know it's always crowded when we travel but today seems different,' hyung continued, 'yet I can't sense why?'
I can hear the concern underlining his words. It's justified though. Anything can happen but I still try to be positive. 'Hmm. It does look like a lot of people hyung. But you may be overthinking. We'll be fine.'

This time I smiled a little, looking at him and he gladly returned it.

HALF N' HOUR LATER

'Hyung why are we sitting here for so long!' I couldn't help but whine. All I wanted was to get to the lounge and welcome my blissful sleep. Ugh. Waking up at 4 surely isn't pleasant.

'No ide-'

I looked up when he abruptly paused. Immediately I could see why he did. A black microbus had parked in front of our car and a bunch of well-built men were getting off. They were all dressed in jet black uniforms with a white badge saying 'Special Force'.

The men in black quickly lined up, forming a barrier between our pathway and the spectators. Our path was cleared and before I could ask hyung what was happening, our car door opened.

'Come on,' Manager-nim walked past our car to the others behind ours.

Jin hyung and I obediently got out and stood with our bag packs. I felt a nudge on my shoulders and I turned to see hyung whispering from underneath his mask.

'Why are the special forces here? We usually don't have them here, do we?'
'Andwae hyung. I'm thinking the same.'

The other members were getting off their cars and soon they came to stand beside us. Namjoon was next to me, doing a quick headcount.
I decided to ask him the same question but he simply shrugged his shoulders saying, 'Don't know hyung.'