19.2. Fatal: Let Me Die

Hey guys!! Here's the part 2 for y'all!! I got great response for the 1st part so thank you so much.

This chapter is pretty long. And so, since I still had stuff to write, I've decided that a part 3 will be uploaded.
Yes, PART 3!!

Anyways, for now, enjoy reading!

____________________________________

Hoseok sat on the chair beside the bed and continued to stroke Namjoon's hair in a loving manner. The latter was sleeping peacefully, complete contrast of his state when he found out he was actually poisoned. He had cried. But still told his devastated members that it would be alright. Yoongi had run out of the room, not wanting Namjoon to see him so shattered. The older rapper had cried his lungs out like never before. He was still crying. That's where Jin and Jimin were, trying their best to keep Yoongi from passing out. Taehyung and Jungkook had been forced to return to the dorm. They were too broken.

Hoseok's eyes filled with tears as he thought about their situation. The doctors had to give Namjoon sedatives to put him to sleep since he was on the edge of a massive panic attack. He was sleeping soundly but looked shattered. His hair was disheveled, face pale and cheeks still covered in tear stains.

Officer Park had assured them that the antidote was almost done and he would surely be saved. But everyone including the officer, the doctors, the members and Namjoon himself knew what was coming. They all knew. They all feared.

But none of them wanted to admit it

******

But they couldn't escape it.

2 days had passed. Doctors were confused as to how Namjoon wasn't feeling the pain but Officer Park had cleared their confusion when his team found a hint indicating that the perpetrator had modified the drug into a version that does a silent damage. That was why Namjoon hadn't felt extreme pain by now.

Little did they know it would be short-lived.

The members were at the agency building. Despite their protest, Namjoon convinced them to go for their dance practice, saying that he would be completely fine. He was now resting in the medical room at their dorm. Actually Namjoon was the one who practically pleaded them to be allowed to stay at the dorm and the doctors had to give in, considering that having a homely ambience would be helpful. And the medical room was already there from long before. So he was there with Dr. Kim Jaemin, a young and cheerful assistant doctor in the murder case. He was well trained and well experienced in handling such patients so the head doctor trusted him with Namjoon until they were done with the antidote. The antidote was expected to be ready by the next day.

The boys were reluctantly going through the Dionysus choreography when one of their phones started ringing.

The music was turned off as Jin went to answer the call. It was Officer Rae.

'Yeoboseyo?'

A sigh echoed on the other end. 'Mr. Kim, the antidote...'

******

'Yah you sit there. Let me do this!'

'But hy-'

'Go.'

Namjoon sat on the chair with a sulking face as Jaemin poured the batter in the small paper cups. They were making dark chocolate cupcakes. Namjoon's favorite! But the poor boy only managed to complicate the process so Jaemin simply took charge to prevent any ordeal.

'Yah now cheer up pabo!'

Namjoon then smiled showing his dimples that still looked the same despite his pale and weak appearance. He lately looked actually ill. But he knew he wanted to smile even if it was the end.