19.3. Fatal: Please Don't Leave

Helloooo guys~
Ik ik ik, im super late. But there you go. I'm sorry for keeping yall hanging in the middle. But do check the announcements. I may be posting one soon about my updates.

Till then, enjoy reading!

_______________________________________________________

'Hyung, anything from him yet?'
Taehyung anxiously questioned.
'Nah nothing.'

The boys were in the living room, at the dorm. It was a little past dawn. But none of them were sleeping. None of them felt sleepy ever since Namjoon slept.

He was in the medical room, passed out. Still. Jaemin was with him. He said Namjoon would probably be awake by today so they didn't have much time. There wasn't any chance of registering another dose of the sedative once he woke up because that would be heavy enough to shorten the time he had left. And no one knew how much time he really had.

Getting their hands on the actual drug was the last ray of hope. It had been a long while since Officer Park Rae and his team started their operation but till now, there was no news. Were they successful? Could they find the drug?

Jin sighed. 'Well, I'm gonna go make some breakfast. You guys go freshen up.'

******

Jaemin sat beside, staring at Namjoon. He had a thousand thoughts wrestling in his mind. Would they be able to save the man he had starting treating as his own younger brother? Or would he have to face the same fate as the previous victims?

Having stayed at the dorm for a couple of days, the young doctor had observed the band from pretty close unlike the millions of people who follow them online. He had definitely grown to adore the members for their kind and selfless personalities and their affection towards each other. Namjoon was the same. There had been quite a few times when Jaemin had secretly caught Namjoon smiling looking at his members' smiles. And he always looked so relaxed at those times. Completely different from when he used to be alone in the dorm after the members would leave. Then, that smile wouldn't be there and Jaemin could easily decipher the fear, the tension and sadness that Namjoon would be going through when in solitary. And often he would confide in Jaemin how he was afraid the boys would break if he was actually gone. And that only raised the respect that Jaemin had for Namjoon. 

Namjoon was surely scared for the members but he never showed any fear of death. However, Jaemin had his doubts. He wouldn't be surprised if Namjoon was just pretending to be strong. Anyone is expected to break down in such a situation.

All these scattered thoughts quickly vanished when his ears perked up at the sound of an abnormally loud beeping. He turned towards the heart monitor. Namjoon's heart rate had suddenly risen, too much. It wasn't good. 
Jaemin leapt from his seat to check what was wrong. He couldn't quite figure it out. But then he did. Anyone could.

Namjoon started convulsing terribly. His limbs jerked hard. The doctor's eyes widened. He froze for a few seconds then sprang to action. Hurrying towards the cabinet, he grabbed some foam padding and returned to the bed to attach the padding on the sides of the bed to prevent Namjoon from injuring his arms and legs. He carefully took off the oxygen mask and tried to tilt his head for better breathing. 

The door suddenly opened and Jimin walked in. 'Hyung, I wanted to mee-'
His steps paused, eyes enlarged. His face went pale.
Namjoon was shaking vigorously. It was a terrible sight.

'Jimin! Come here quick!' Jaemin called out.

Jimin broke from his trance and rushed to the doctor's side even though still in shock. Jaemin made him guide Namjoon instead while he dialed Dr. Rona, the senior doctor.