Remembering

This is the first chapter in the revival of this. My hope is you enjoy it, there will be a new chapter every month or twice a month depending on the number of chapters are done. Or if I finish as there are many chapters written! Please look forward to more and leave lots of love! Doing my best to edit this, let me know if you find too many errors that need fixing. ~DQ

I don't own Naruto, there that's my disclaimer.

It was a cold rainy morning when Sakura rose from her sleep. Looking to the clock at her bedside, letting her know that it was still too early to be up. However, this was where she was. Turning off the alarm so it didn't go off in forty-five minutes, then stubbing her toe it was clear that it would be one of those days. 

'For the last two weeks, every time we've had training it's been terrible weather.' Sakura thought to herself

Not planning on trying to mope around, Sakura hurried to get her day going. At least in a better direction. Getting her clothes for the day, she moved onto the shower with hopes of washing the sleep from her body. That seemed to help her feel a little better, more awake at least. Making her way to get dressed, it was time to make the trip downstairs. 

Becoming a master at moving in the house was a must, if she disturbed her parents, it could make a bad day worse. They were low-rank shinobi, so she had to learn the basics quickly. They didn't think that she could become a shinobi, so when she graduated from the academy, their temperaments did too. They wanted her to stop there and proceed no further, yet she enjoyed it. Yeah, she wasn't the greatest and probably spent too much time fanboying. Her parents would drone on about what happened twelve years ago as if she cared! She was just a baby, and her parents weren't even involved; they were out on a mission. They made it so hard to deal with, and it seemed that lately, they were just looking for excuses to be nasty. Stopping only to grab a few grapes, she didn't want to take anything else for her breakfast. 

It was becoming harder to eat anything more, her parents said that if she wanted to be a shinobi she could pay her own way. She'd been having to pay them rent, which didn't include any food. Plus, they were even saying the food she got if she didn't eat first, they had rights to it! Having no other options, she ate when she had the money. Being as her team hadn't been on a mission in a while, all her money was wrapped up in rent. There was nothing left for food.

'Well, I guess this is a good way to keep up with my diet.' Sakura thought, feeling her stomach want for more than a few measly grapes.

Hoping that maybe her parents would finally come to their senses, she could come home and have a homecooked meal. Making sure to toon those thoughts out, she wanted to get going before the house woke. Making sure her parka was snug; she left the house without leaving a trace behind. 

Wondering the city for a while, Sakura could start to feel the cold from the rain that was slowly letting up. Granted, the parts of her that were not protected by the parka were drenched and were frozen. It was a bonus for the day, Sakura could feel her inner self start to chant about what a lousy day it was. 

Quickly silencing her inner self, she didn't need to add that either. Seeing that dawn was breaking, Sakura hurried along to get to Naruto's apartment. In her sulking state, she'd almost lost track of time! Arriving in the nick of time, Sakura studied the building while she traveled her way up to Naruto's door. It was not one of the fancier parts of the city, but it wasn't the poorest either. Wishing to not have to worry about parents overlooking your shoulder or even telling you that you're a bother must be nice. Naruto was lucky to live alone. Moving to knock on his door, she'd noticed that the door was slightly ajar. Checking it for any traps that knucklehead could have set, she finally made her way in. Picking up the carton of milk that seemed to keep the door open, she tossed it into the trash. Looking around, the bed wasn't even made it was as if a twister rampaged his apartment. Not wanting to see the bathroom she waited a moment.