Just The Start

I don't own Naruto, there that's my disclaimer.

Waking early the next morning, Sakura moved from her roll. Noticing that they were in a three-bedroom apartment. Wanting to get to the hospital, she changed quickly wanting to make a quick breakfast. With her pack ready, she went out to the common area expecting it to be empty.

"Naruto? What are you doing up?" Surprised to see him up

"Gaara starts his day at 630." He grumbled, drinking what appeared to be coffee

"Ah. It is part of the job description." Sakura joined him with a cup of coffee herself

"Why are you up?"

"I want to start the day early, then I can have some free time to go read."

"What are you looking for?"

"I don't know, there might be something Lady Chiyo wrote down that she didn't mention to anyone."

Watching him nod, going back to his coffee. "I didn't mean to be a jerk yesterday."

"I know. It sucks being left out, this time it's a must. If something happened to you, I might just finish cracking." Sakura pointed out

"You've got Neji to help you, he's become part of the group."

"Yeah, I know."

"Sakura?"

"Hm?"

"What is going on between you two? I don't want to see you hurt again, he's part of Hinata's family and I don't want to have to kill him."

Laughing at him, "You don't have to worry about that."

"Avoiding questions now?" Naruto joked

Rolling her eyes, "We- I... We're dating, it's something recent. Please don't go blabbering it about, with us on a mission-."

"Don't worry Sakura-chan, my lips are sealed. Plus, I want Hiashi to hear it from you two!"

Watching his sister's eyes go big, "You forgot that bit, didn't you?"

"Yeah, maybe." Both laughing

"He enjoys your company. When Hinata and I have our weekly tea with him, he praises you. He likes to hear stories from our younger years."

"That is reassuring. At least I've saved most of their asses a time or two lately."

"You have done that. Enjoy it Sakura, I know you think you don't deserve your own happiness. That you need to train and become strong, you are strong. You're the strongest person I know, your life has been hell like mine. Don't let that stop you from adding some light to your life. Neji seems to do that really good."

"He's pretty great."

"Who's pretty great?" Turning their heads, they spotted Neji ready for the day

"No one in particular," Sakura smirked turning back to her coffee

"Oh- don't be bashful Sakura. It's just you." Naruto smiled, throwing his hands behind his head.

Basking in the glare his sister was giving him, knowing she wouldn't hit him this time around
Watching Neji join them with his own cup of coffee, "You know?"

"Yeah, I extracted it from her." Naruto bragged

"Because it was so hard to do." Sakura rolled her eyes

Laughing, "It could have been!"

Shaking her head, "He's not going to say anything."

"That was you who thought we should keep it to ourselves." Neji shrugged, "I am just following your wishes."