Change of Scenery

I don't own Naruto, there that's my disclaimer.

Both frozen at the sound of the voice; he had seen her.

"Frozen in happiness? I'm flattered."

"Uchiha," Neji spoke

"Hyuga, good to see you. I'd love to discuss how you've been, but see you're not the one I'm looking to talk to." Uchiha spoke

Sakura took a second to steel herself up before replying to him. "What do you want?"

"No pleasantries? We haven't seen each other in years! Not even a small Hi?" Sasuke kept pushing, hoping to hit that button. Watching the Kunoichi glare at him. She wanted to know why he was playing with her. "Nothing? I thought there would be something for the boy you love." Knowing that would hit a nerve

"That love left when you left me on a bench. I'll repeat myself, what do you want?"

"Right, to the point. Now, what I was is -you."

Glad for the quick thinking, "You don't get to come back after years and say that. You don't get me."

"You'll want me."

"No, I won't. I never will." Sakura spoke, watching Neji move into his battle stance. Sakura had moved to put her gloves on when she got back to camp.

"So, it's come to this. We have to fight. You and Naruto, always fight first, talk later. So be it." Sasuke came at Sakura, ignoring Neji completely. Sakura didn't seem to be having a problem keeping up with him.

"You have improved, that's impressive," Sasuke smirked

"Hn," Sakura replied, giving him the old Uchiha syllable.

"Oh, you want it to be that way." Sakura didn't notice his eyes until now, they were transferring from their black to blood-red. "You could have just come with me!" He yelled

Neji jumped in, trying to help Sakura the best he could. Neji could see the chakra building within Sakura, not sure what she had up her sleeve. Hearing her yell to him to move, he jumped back watching. Watching her punch the ground, shocking Sasuke. Before they knew it, Sakura had disappeared. Neji was the first to see her, she was moving at the speed of Lee. Also noticing a shift in her chakra, it was the green hue he associated with her, was turning blue. Dawning on him, they were chakra scalpels. Watching the Uchiha do his best to keep them away from him, as he must know from Kabuto. Then it happened, she somehow got his right arm and left leg.

Neji and Naruto ran at them, one seeing the buildup and the other knowing that Sakura wasn't in her right mind. The buildup was in her right palm and growing. Naruto grabbed Uchiha who was caught off guard by the killer intent Sakura had, Neji had Sakura. Jumping in between the two prepared to close chakra points, watching Sakura's hand stop just inches away from his heart.

Sasuke had a shocked expression on his face, looking at Sakura and her eyes. Naruto wasted no time, putting the chakra rope around Sasuke. The rest of the team had arrived moments before, watching Sakura almost kill their former teammate. All of them were in shock, they'd seen Sakura mad; this was beyond that. This wasn't the Sakura they knew.

"Sakura?" Neji spoke softly his hand holding her arm, watching her hardened features softening if only slightly. Watching the chakra disperse, changing from blue back to green.

"You did it Sakura," Neji spoke nodding to the other group going to take Sasuke back to the village. "We should head back to the village," Neji spoke suggesting to her

Watching the rest of the team leave with Sasuke, he stayed behind with Sakura.

"I was getting ready to kill him," Sakura started "He's faster than that. He wasn't giving his all and I almost killed him! I let my emotions get in my way!" Feeling disgusted with herself, ripping her arm from Neji's grasp