Starter Mission

I don't own Naruto, there that's my disclaimer.

I took a small break to try and finish the epilogue. It was harder than expected to finish this story. I hope you enjoy, please leave it love if you do!

Getting to the hospital, she checked on Tsunade quickly knowing she was the only patient she had time to check on. Getting to her office, Ino was there already. Bright-eyed and looking refreshed.

"I have to be quick," Sakura spoke going to sit down

"I heard there are new missions ready. We can always do this later; I know what must be done while you're away. Go, do what you have to do. We'll be here when you get back."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, as long as I get permission to use your office!" Ino laughed

"That is fine. Just try to keep my files how they are, following my patterns."

"Of course. Hyuga-san, can we have a moment?" Ino asked

Giving a nod, Neji took his leave. "What is it Ino?"

"I'm worried about Tsunade, she has not woken up again."

Sighing, "The amount of damage that I'd healed, is just the surface wounds that she had. It goes farther, into the nerves and bones. Even her mind is having to heal. It may be some time before she wakes again, stay optimistic that she will be fine sooner rather than later."

"Alright, I will," Ino answered, not liking it but accepting of it

Standing up, going to the cabinets to grab a couple of things for her pack. "I know it's hard. Hell, I don't want to leave for this mission while she's in this shape. I know you will do everything you can to guide her."

"Before you go, I want to thank you again. For this opportunity."

"You're welcome, you've earned it. Alright, I have what I need. Good luck." Sakura spoke bidding her farewell, opening the door to find Neji leaning on the wall. Ino watched their interaction, watching Neji help with her bag even with Sakura's protest. Then placing his hand on the small of her back, leading them away in the direction of the exit. Curious about what their actual relationship status was; however, it was not something she'd comment on. She'd destroyed that aspect of being in her life.

Heading to the Hokage tower, the village was already on its way to restoring what once was. There was no doubt that they'd be fully functional in a couple of days! With some of the shops already open, providing food to those in need, this brought joy to Sakura. Proud to call this village her home.

Arriving at the tower, they met up with Naruto. Talking a mile a minute, excited to be going on a mission. Sakura wondered if they were going on a mission together. Shizune had them wait as there were groups there already.

"Do you think you'll be gone long?" Sakura asked Neji quietly

"Not sure, I do not see anyone from my team. I also was not required to come as ANBU." Neji answered just as quiet

Sakura's mouth shaped an 'o', but before a sound could come out Shizune was talking. "Uzumaki, Hurano and Hyuga."

Shocked riddled her face, they were going on a mission together? Entering the room, Kakashi sat behind the desk. Papers stacked as tall as she was, if not taller. He did not look pleased; it must be all from when Tsunade refused or started to drink and forgot. Sakura felt for him, this was not what he envisioned he'd be doing.

"Hey Kaka!" Naruto smiled

Sakura smiled, glad to see no resentment from Naruto toward their sensei. "Naruto, Sakura, Hyuga-san." Kakashi started greeting them "You are my last group."