Chapter 4

"Can you at least tell me why I have to wear a suit?" An exasperated Isaac was sitting on a bus with a blindfold on. The girl next to him, Aisha, shook her head, "Not until we get to where we're going." Isaac sighed, "I knew you'd say that."

          One week has passed since their conversation on Isaac's financial situation. Over the past week, nothing has physically changed. However, Aisha has secretly been in contact with various schools and counselors. Her goal is to get Isaac in a dorm room in college. This would satisfy a couple of immediate goals and start the journey towards her overall goal.

          "I thought over the past couple of weeks you could come to trust me?" Aisha said this as if she was pouting. Isaac leaned to the side and let his head rest on the window of the bus, "It's because I trust you and know how you act that I'm worried.."

          The two didn't speak for the rest of the bus ride. The bus then stopped at a spot on the opposite side of the city where Isaac lived. The city where Isaac lives is called Jospin, and it's a megacity. A megacity is a combination of other cities with one centralized government. This government rules as if they were their own country and allows each city to have its own resources. This includes schools. Isaac and Aisha were going to a top school in the megacity. It doesn't specialize in any particular subject, making this school popular for people in the Hands for Help program, where people may be unsure about what subject to take.

          Aisha guided Isaac to the school, and when they were in front of the entrance, Aisha spoke, "Ok. You can take off the blindfold." Isaac slowly took off the blindfold and looked around. As soon as he saw the sign for Jospin College for the Elite, he sighed and spoke, "I had a weird feeling because of how far we were going.."

          Aisha stood next to him and spoke, "I've already made an appointment with an academic counselor. The appointment is actually in 5 minutes, so I would think about what major you want to go into!" Aisha then wrapped her arm around Isaac's and walked into the school and the academic counselor's office. Isaac had a reluctant look but was powerless to stop Aisha.

          Inside the counselor's office, Isaac and Aisha waited for a minute before being called into a smaller room by the counselor. The two sat down, and the counselor sat down opposite them, "Alright. It's nice to finally meet you, Mr. Wallabee. My name is Johnathan Overridge, and I'm an academic counselor here at Jospin College for the Elite." The academic counselor, Mr. Overridge, had a friendly smile on his face, which was widely opposite of the tired look on Isaacs's face. Isaac reluctantly spoke, "Yea, nice to meet you. I'm sure you probably already know the whole story, so I'll get to the point. What classes should I take?"

          The counselors' smile faded slightly. He was told that Isaac would be very reluctant and probably annoyed speaking to him. Still, even this much reluctance has him questioning if this is the right decision for Isaac, "Well, I would have to return your question with a question of my own. What major do you intend on going into? That would affect what classes you would have to take." Mr. Overridge reaffirmed his smile as he responded. Isaac leaned back into his chair and thought for a while. He was previously a physics student, but he really didn't want to continue with that. He glanced over at Aisha to see if she would give any input, but she just closed her eyes and shook her head slightly.

          Isaac stayed in thought for a couple more minutes, then leaned forward when he made his decision, "How about psychology?" Mr. Overridge wore a surprised look at hearing Isaacs answer, "Are you sure you wouldn't want to go into something similar to your previous degree?" Isaac nodded his head and shrugged his shoulders, "I lost interest in it. So I thought I'd try something new."

          Neither one noticed, but Aisha had a soft smile on her face.

          After that, Isaac and Mr. Overridge continued to talk about classes and got Isaac enrolled into 4 classes to start off with. The school year would start in one month, so Isaac had to move into a dorm and find a new job before then.