Chapter 8

One week has passed since the incident in which Isaac ran away from Ain on their practice date because Ain had revealed a truth to him that should not have been revealed. Currently, Aisha, Ain, and Kalee were sitting in the living room together. Aisha had called a meeting to discuss her next steps for rehabilitating Isaac. After Isaac returned home, he walked straight to his room and hasn't come out since. Aisha had been bringing him food, but Isaac refused most of it. However, other than eating a little food, Isaac had done nothing but lay in bed and sleep.

           "Thank you both for taking the time to talk with me," Aisha spoke in a friendly tone. Ain nervously responded, "Of course. I still feel bad about causing everything, so I want to help where I can." Kalee added to Ain's comment, "And I think of Isaac as a nice guy, so I want to help where I can." Aisha smiled, "Thank you. Now, before I give my idea, do either of you have any ideas about getting Isaac moving around?" Kalee spoke maniacally, "We could drag him out of bed and tell him to start moving because he can't be lazy all the time." Aisha sighed, "That would only work for someone like you."

           There was a silence in the room for a minute, then Ain spoke, "The only thing I can think of would be to get Isaac someone who won't... y'know... leave him." Kalee responded while pouting at having her idea rejected, "That's just wrong to do. Who would want to be with someone who doesn't even want to take care of themselves?" Aisha responded despairingly, "That's the problem I'm running into." Kalee brought her knees up to her chest, "Should I talk to him again?" Aisha shook her head, "No. He knows what he has to do. He just doesn't have the will to do it." Ain gave her thoughts, "Should you try to talk to him?" Aisha again shook her head, "I believe that he understands what he's doing right now isn't right. He knows I will leave him one day, whether he likes it or not."

           Kalee sounded conflicted as she questioned Aisha, "So, what's your idea?" Aisha closed her eyes, "I have chosen 15 people I feel would fit Isaac as a partner. They each are sensible people, and I'm sure they would sympathize with Isaac's situation." Kalee sounded more confident when she again questioned Aisha, "That sounds good and all, but how are we going to get Isaac out of bed?" Aisha smiled sinisterly, "Well, I have a plan." Ain had sparkles in her eyes as she eagerly walked over to Aisha, "You have a plan? What is it?" Aisha patted Ain's head to calm her down, "It's sort of cruel, but if you two are okay with it, I think it'll work."

           Kalee nodded, so Aisha continued, "I'll show both of you the 15 people I have chosen, and from that list, you two can choose one person that we can bring in. Then, we bring that person in, explain the situation, and create an impromptu date here." Kalee intently listened while Ain was more interested in Aisha's planning. Kalee spoke after Aisha finished, "Again, a great plan, but how do we get Isaac out of his room?" Aisha responded casually, "The best way I could think of was to starve him out." Kalee had a bewildered look on her face, and Ain still beamed at hearing Aisha's plan.

           A few days later, the plan was put that Aisha had come up with was being put into action. The three girls had sat down, chose one person who would be the best fit for Isaac, and contacted that girl. Ain and Kalee were busy making food and preparing the table when a knock resounded through the room. Aisha stood up from her spot on the couch and walked over to the door eagerly. She opened the door to a medium-sized girl with black hair standing there, wearing a pink blouse and jean shorts. Aisha spoke first, "Ah, you must be Elaine. Please come on in."

           Elaine walked the room as she responded, "Yes, it's nice to meet you. I'm assuming you're Aisha?" The girl that walked into the room, Elaine, was the girl that was the decided partner for Isaac. Elaine had already been filled in with Isaac's situation and still chose to go along. Aisha closed the door behind Elaine and walked over to a chair on the table, "Yes, I'm Aisha." Aisha pointed towards the kitchen at the other two girls, "The one on the right is Kalee, and the smaller girl is Ain." Elaine sat down in the chair and spoke to the two other girls, "It's nice to meet you two." Ain was still shy around new people, so Kalee responded for them both, "Nice to meet you too. Oh, and don't worry about Ain. She's just nervous around new people." Elaine gave a gentle smile to Ain, who was quietly staring at her, and Ain went back to focus on finishing dinner.