Chapter 7

A few days had passed since the conversation between Isaac and Kalee. Over those days, Isaac made an effort to seem more open to the people around him. However, he often came off as awkward and scared instead of friendly. This dilemma was interesting for Aisha. Isaac was giving a concerted and genuine effort to improve himself and the relationships around him. Still, the lack of experience interacting with other people was causing him to come off as awkward. As of now, Isaac would most likely be extremely nervous if Aisha continued with her plans to introduce him to new partners. Aisha didn't want Isaac to fall back into his previous routine. So, all she could do was wait and slowly push Isaac more and more until he was ready himself.

           Isaac slowly opened his eyes. The clock at his bedside said the time was 5:53 A.M. Since Isaac had been getting up at 6 o'clock to get ready for school, having a few more minutes of rest would have been good for him. However, Isaac couldn't rest. He knew that he had to be better. He was trying but couldn't seem to figure it out. The number of times he felt embarrassed because he was trying to be friendly could put the lottery to shame, but he wasn't getting any better. Kalee said that everything would come naturally once he decided to open up. Aisha suggested that maybe he should try to be friends with people that are similar to him first before branching out to other people. But nothing was helping.

           Isaac let out a heavy sigh, "I just feel pathetic." After Isaac spoke, the door opened, and Aisha called for him to get ready. Isaac got out of bed and got ready. He didn't have classes today, but he did have work in a couple of hours. Isaac entered the community room where Aisha was finishing breakfast, and Ain was sitting on the couch watching a T.V. drama. Aisha spoke to Isaac first, "Good morning. Did you sleep well?" Aisha set the table that Isaac was sitting at as he responded, "It was a pretty rough night, to be honest. How did- wait, you don't sleep.. uh...." Aisha giggled at Isaac's awkwardness, "I do have a sleep function, so I slept well." Isaac felt awkward as he started to eat. Under his breath, Isaac spoke, "I didn't know that... I always thought you just stood in the corner for no reason."

           Ain got up and walked over to the table, "It's actually something that only Aisha has. I've never heard of it before, at least." Aisha spoke as she sat down next to Isaac, "A sleep function was something I came up with. When we're awake, our processors are constantly registering information. Still, if I turn on sleep mode, I can turn off most of the information coming in and focus on forming scenarios instead." Ain had sparkles in her eyes as Aisha spoke. Isaac continued to eat as he spoke, "Well, is there anything I need to do before work?" Aisha closed her eyes, and the room became silent. Isaac looked around nervously, fearing he had made a mistake, but Ain spoke first, "Will you please go on a date with me?"

           Before trying his best to compose himself, Isaac had a shocked expression on his face, "M-may I ask why?" Ain seemed to be blushing hard, so Aisha responded, "I want to prepare you for a relationship. Over the next couple of days, Kalee, Ain, and myself will be doing our part to prepare you. For today I want you to improve your communication and social skills a little bit with a date. However, I cannot be your partner, nor can Kalee, because of our relationship with you. So, that leaves Ain, which will be a good test since she also is nervous around other people."

           Isaac looked back over at Ain, who was looking at the ground and blushing. Isaac wanted to reject her, but unfortunately, this would happen whether Isaac wanted it to or not. So, with an internal sigh, Isaac gave Ain his reply, "Then I will go on a date with you. Is there anywhere you would like to go?" Ain seemed to gain a little confidence at his answer and spoke, "Yes! Can we go to the A.I. museum? I've always wanted to go, but Kalee would never join me." Aisha giggled at Ain's interesting response, and Isaac quickly finished eating.