One Little Poke

•Phil takes Technoblade to the hospital after he cuts his hand on a rusty sword. He discovers Technoblade has a severe phobia of needles•

Normalizing: trypanophobia

Warnings: Needles, panic attacks

((Thank you everyone that gave me suggestions for this! There will only be 5 stories in this book but I wouldn't mind reopening it if it's well loved. :) Enjoy!))

Technoblade had quite the sword collection. He won some in battles, bought some in far away lands, and some were gifts from old friends that weren't even in his life anymore. He always cleaned them at the end of each month to keep them in their best condition. It was currently the end of August, and Techno was cleaning one of his favorite blades. An old and rusted sword, presumably used in one of the first great wars of L'manburg. It had washed up on the beach, and Technoblade was lucky enough to find it.

Technoblade hummed softly while cleaning up the neglected sword the best he could. He should really try to restore it to its former glory, but he just didn't have time.

While rubbing the cloth against the trusty blade, he got distracted. A bird landed on the window and let out a couple chirps. He smiled momentarily before feeling his hand go across the sharp edge.

Quickly he put down the sword and looked at his hand. He flinched, disappointed that his favorite sword now had his blood on it after a good cleaning. "Delightful..." Techno mumbled sarcastically under his breath and walked to the kitchen. He ran some hot water over his bleeding cut, and started looking for a bandage. He wasn't in pain, this was like a paper cut to him. He mostly saw it as an inconvenience. He had trained himself not to react to pain.

Phil walked in after just getting back from gathering berries in the forest. "Techno! I'm home!" He called.

Technoblade walked to the front of the house to greet Phil. Completely disregarding that his hand was dripping blood onto the floor and carpets. "Hey Phil, get those berries for the jam?"

"Yeah mate, I think I've got enough for- HOLY SHIT!" Phil ran over and put his hands under Techno's to stop the blood from dropping on the white carpet under their feet. Instead he bled into Phil's hands. "What happened? Why didn't you call me back?!"

Technoblade shrugged and held his bleeding hand. "I'm trying to find some bandages, it's not as bad as it looks."

Phil grabbed his hand and examined it. It looked pretty bad, that was for sure. "Jesus...you need to see a doctor, come on."

"Doctor? Nah, don't be ridiculous." Technoblade looked down and examined his wound. He cringed. It might not of been hurting him that much, but it didn't look good. "I'm gonna be real with you...that's pretty bad."

"Come on, I'll get you a towel to wrap it in until we get to the hospital." Phil ran to the bathroom. He got a dark towel and helped Techno wrap it around his injured hand. "Let's go, you can tell me what happened in the car." Phil was a lot more concerned about Technoblade's health, than Technoblade was.

"Alright, calm down Phil. I'm not gonna die." Technoblade followed his friend out of the house.

-

Technoblade had the towel dripping red by the time they actually saw a doctor.

"Hello, sorry for the wait. I'm Dr. Lee, what's your name again?" The doctor had forgotten the patient name even though she had read it on her way into the room.