Night Horror

•Technoblade experiences graphic and reoccurring nightmares.•

Normalizing: severe nightmares

Warnings: slight mentions of suicide, self-destructive actions

All of Phil's children slept in one room. They only had a small house, and that was all they could do. It was fine when the boys were little, but now it just became one big problem.

Wilbur and Tommy were fast asleep in their beds, after finally going to bed at a decent time. They hated sharing the room. Tommy and Wilbur got along fine during bedtime, but their brother Techno was like a ticking time bomb. He could interrupt their sleep at any moment. It made them feel like they were sleeping in the room with a baby.

Sure enough, Techno woke up at 3:38 AM. It was the same routine. He sat up quickly and began crying. Which wasn't the part that woke the other boys up. After crying himself awake, he'd always scream. He screamed because he didn't realize that his nightmare wasn't real.

Wilbur got up first after hearing Technoblade scream. "Jesus Christ, again?!" He shouted because this was happening at least 3 times a week at this point.

Techno started pulling his hair, still screaming like he was being lit on fire. He wasn't even acknowledging Wilbur. All he was doing was replaying the images from his nightmare over and over again in his head.

Tommy woke up and groaned. "What's going on?"

Wilbur crawled out of bed. "Techno is losing his shit again..."

"I'll get dad." Tommy rubbed his eyes as he slowly got out of his bed. He left the room to get Phil, which he was used to. Wilbur tended to be more cold and moody, because he had his own problems. Tommy was the youngest though, so he still had some compassion in him yet.

Phil had only just fell asleep when Tommy walked in and shook him awake. "Dad, dad, dad, dad." Tommy whispered.

Phil woke up and huffed. "What Tommy, I just got to sleep." Phil heard the noises of distress coming from the other room. Followed by a thud on the wall. "I'll be there in a minute...go keep your brother company."

"Okay..." Tommy returned to the room like his dad asked. He was shocked to see Wilbur restraining Techno, at least trying his best. "What are you doing?! Dad said not to restrain him during these moments!"

"What am I supposed to do, let him kill himself?!" Wilbur motioned to the dent in the wall. "He just hit his head so hard I'm sure he's got brain damage now."

"Holding him isn't going to help, be careful he doesn't-" Tommy paused as Techno managed to get free and elbow Wilbur in the face. "...Hurt you..."

Phil walked in and turned the light on. "What's going on, Wilbur what happened?!" Phil watched Wilbur wipe blood from his nose.

"Techno just hit me!"

"Wilbur was holding him down!"

"I had to, he was hitting his head on the wall!"

"We're not supposed to interfere without dad!"

"Should I just let him tear himself apart then?!"

Phil snapped his fingers to stop the boys from arguing. "Both of you get in your beds and shut up, you're making it worse." He got Wilbur a box of tissues and tossed it at him. Phil was a good dad, but it was incredibly stressful to raise the boys. There was a lot he was prepared for, but he never expected one of his kids to develop severe and violent night terrors.