Part 02

"What if I... don't want to marry him?"

     You stared at her with a shocked expression. You were so happy at that moment, but you resisted the urge to jump or cheer out of joy. 

Isabela studied your face, anticipating a response. "Well...?"

    "I thin-" You were interrupted by Alma's call.

"Time for breakfast!"

     Isabela quickly stood up and looked down at you, "Let's talk later." She smiled before walking off.

_______Lovely time skip___________

You stepped into your room and laid down on your bed. "So she doesn't want to marry him? Is that why she said that? Was she worried that I would think badly of her if she told me that?"  You quietly thought to yourself before getting up and reaching for a box under your desk. You sat on the floor as you began to unbox. Inside the box were 3 things: a picture of you and Isabela, the first invitation you received from Isabela, and a flower without the stem. The picture was taken by your parents, you and Isabela perfectly posed behind a beautiful forest. The invitation was a handwritten letter, Isabela wanted to invite you to hang out but she wasn't sure how to approach you so she wrote a letter instead. Lastly, the flower, when Isabela gets flustered she sprouts flowers everywhere. On one occasion a flower sprouted on the top of your head, Isabela apologized and picked the flower off your head, then she gracefully placed the flower in your palm. For some reason, you felt compelled to keep the flower.

     You picked up the flower and observed it. The flower was in perfect condition. You found it strange how the flower managed to stay in perfect condition. I mean, you kept it in a box under your desk with no light and no water. 

You gently placed the flower back inside the box, as you did the picture you had caught your eye. You picked up the picture with care, looking over the photo you remembered what Isabela had said, "Do you really not want to marry him? If so, why are you with him? When you could be with me instead." 

     You shook your head to clear your mind. You put the picture back into the box, closed it, and shoved the box back under your desk. Just then, you heard a knock at your door. You instantly knew it wasn't your mother, she wouldn't knock at the door, she would just walk in. Your brother would also just walk in, your father was the only one who knocked. So, assuming it was your father you said, "Come in!"

"Hello." A familiar voice spoke. It wasn't the voice of your father or your mother.

     It was Isabela.

You quickly stood up and watched as Isabela stood in the door frame. You signaled for her to walk into the room and she did, closing the door behind her. She stood awkwardly in your room. The two of you had been friends for a long time and yet this was the first time she had ever been in your room. 

     "So I was.." Isabela hesitated said looking extremely nervous. She cleared her throat, "My cousin Dolores was wondering if you could join us for dinner."

"Oh yeah. Sure, I'd love to." You've had dinner at their house before so it wasn't that big of a deal.

     Isabela's face lit up, "Perfect! You must be at the house at 5:00." She flipped her hair. "I'll see you then!" She summoned a couple of flowers and handed them to you.

You took the flowers with grace and gave her a small nod. 

     Following Isabela downstairs, you watched as she politely bowed and thanked your family before walking out the front door. Smiling to your self you grabbed a vase and filled it up with some water. Then, you placed the vase with the flowers inside it right next to your window. 

(A couple of hours later❀)

     5:00 was nearing sooner than you expected. Nonetheless, at 4:00 you started to get ready. 

(this is that part where you choose an outfit to wear :D )

     You put on your outfit, fixed your hair, added accessories, and finally, you were ready to leave. You walked downstairs, said goodbye to your family, and walked out the door. It was about 4:40-ish when you left the house and the casita wasn't too far away. 

You walked and enjoyed the cold breeze, ignoring everything going on around you.

    Finally, you reached the casita. You stopped and watched as a bunch of people surrounded Mirabel. They were all singing. Suddenly Isabela appeared and you focused your attention on her. 

"He told me that the life of my dreams would be promised and someday be mine." Isabela sang.

      You were curious to know who she was talking about. 

"He told me that my power would grow like the grapes that thrive on the vine." 

     Then, Dolores started to sing, "He told me that the man of my dreams would be just out of reach, betrothed to another."

"Hey sis," Isabela started, "I want not a sound out of you." Isabela then walked up to you but before you could say anything she quickly gave you a hug and walked off. 

      You had no idea what anyone was talking about. Not until you heard Mirabel say the name, "Bruno." That's when it all clicked. "That's who she was talking about. I thought we weren't supposed to talk about him-" 

Unfortunately, your thoughts were interrupted by Camilo shouting, "Isabela your boyfriend's here!" 

     It became hell after that, everyone started to sing and dance all the same time! Isabela, Pepa, and Dolores started to set the table by placing plates down while doing a seemingly choreographed dance. Then, Felix, Agustin, and Camilo threw the glass cups around before placing them on the table. Pepa and Isabela spun and held each other hands while dancing and singing. Dolores also spun around and sang in the back as she brought out something and placed it on the table. You noticed Mirabel was now upstairs as Lusia struggled to move a big vase from the floor. The only thought that went through your mind as this was all happening was, "Why the fuck is Mariano joining us?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HIIII

This is Yes, the one who wrote this.

Anyways, I hope you liked it.

I totally did not spend a full day trying to figure out what to write. 

(╥︣ _╥)

My creative mind does not exist-

(PLEASE TELL IF THERE ARE ANY ERRORS LIKE SPELLING OR SOMETHING I DID NOT PROOFREAD IT BEFORE PUBLISHING )

-Yes