Chapter 30 - B is for Boss

Around afternoon, after Jesse left Diana's room, she immediately called Laura. Her friend answered on the 3rd ring:

Laura: "Diana! Thank God you called! It's boring in my office!"

Diana: "You won in our bet, biatch."

Laura: "What do you mean? Wait... oh my gosh... JESSE ASKED YOU OUT ON A DATE?!?!"

Diana: "Yeah, I know! *squeals*"

Laura: "I'm so happy for you... and me! You owe me $20!"

Diana: "Yeah, whatevs. But anyway, I need your help."

Laura: "For what?"

Diana: "In everything. You know how suck I look."

Laura: "Seriously, Diana, you look beautiful inside and out."

Diana: "I'm not in the mood for your 'cheer-ups' right now. Let's just meet tomorrow in Helena's Beats if you're available."

Laura: "Of course! See you tomorrow, then. By the way, I gotta' go. Mr. Wilson needs me. Bye!"

Diana: "See you tomorrow!"

*Laura shuts down the call*

Diana went to the bathroom and took off her pajamas, only leaving her with her pink panty and bra. She stared at the mirror, looking at her so-called ugly body. "C'mon, Diana, why do you have to be this ugly? How did even Jesse liked me... with this?"

——-

The next day, Diana and Laura went to Helena's Beats at the same time. They were talking about how Jesse asked Diana out. She even included the part when William became mad at Jesse. They were just both laughing.

But then, Diana mentioned Leonard. "Should I tell Leonard the good news?"

"Eh... that's against Girl Code," Laura hesitated. Diana asked, "Why?"

"One, he asked you out and you rejected him. Two, he asked ME out and I rejected him. Girl, I have a husband, and someone's dating you! Also, he's both cousins with them," Laura explained. Diana was shocked when she knew about Laura and Leonard. "When did he ask you out?"

"Back in Massachusetts," Laura answered. Diana requested, "Hey, tell me the story between you and Leonard! Also, I wanna know how you and Chandler met. I bet it's a good one!"

"Well, it was unrealistic... but it still happened," Laura said, thinking happy thoughts about her and Chandler. Diana noticed that Laura was smiling widely, so she said, "Tell me, now!"

"Okay, I'll start from the beginning," Laura said, trying to gather as much thoughts as she could.

——-

[Flashback]

During Laura Wynman's 3rd Year of Architectural Studies in Stanford, she was assigned in Wilson Housing Inc. as an intern. Since she was an intern, people treat her as their personal assistant. Every day, Laura would get these common orders: