Chapter 26 - Important Announcement

The next day, after Diana spent another tiring and stressful day in Laura’s office, she helped Jesse in decorating. Right now, they were on their way to the music store. As they have reached there, Jesse parked in-front of the shop and they went out of the car. He just stared at the store logo. Diana looked at him and said, “Hey, you haven’t opened this shop since… forever.”

“Yeah, I actually miss selling stuff,” Jesse said sadly. Diana proposed, “I could be your ‘temporary secretary’ next month. I’ll help you!”

“Very funny, Diana,” Jesse just shook his head and smiled as he just grabbed the key in his pocket and unlocked the door. They both went inside. He opened the lights, and Diana looked around like a kid. Jesse just looked at her and smirked. When Diana noticed Jesse was looking at her, she said, “What are you looking at?”

“You remind me of the first time you went here,” Jesse reminisced. Diana diverted her attention to somewhere else. “Anyway, awhile ago, I was serious. The apartment rent is quite expensive, and I have to pay my own bills.”

“Well, I’ll think about it. For now, let’s get the boxes full of materials in the stock room, okay?” Jesse instructed, changing the topic. So they went inside the dark stock room that has a confined space. He went inside first to carry a heavy box that says ‘MATERIALS’, and Diana did the same thing to the other box.

But then, when Diana carried the box, both of them were kind of trapped in the doorway. They just stared at each other, and were lost by some weird attraction towards one another. It only got broken when Jesse brought down his box and kicked it.

Diana just went out of the store carrying the box and waited a while for Jesse to come out with his box. Jesse opened the trunk and they put both boxes inside. He closed the trunk and they both went back inside the car like nothing happened.

-----

Jesse and Diana made it at the Dawson’s newly-built house… or mansion. There was a circular driveway with a fountain in the middle. Jesse parked his car there, and they both went out to carry the boxes. As they go inside, Diana was very flabbergasted by the ambiance inside. The walls were blue, and she saw a very big chandelier, golden wood furniture, checkered tiles, paintings on the wall, royal purple couches with embedded diamonds, and other striking designs. Jesse distracted her gazing though. “Okay, Diana. Time’s tickin’!”

Diana went back to reality. So they both grabbed the streamers and hung it on the side of the walls. While doing this, a random woman just talked. “I can’t believe these lovebirds are actually helping each other.”

Jesse and Diana looked at that lady. When Diana saw the lab coat she was wearing, she recognized the woman. “Christine! Why are you here?”

[A/N: Lauren German as Christine Wynman, Laura's eldest sister. Picture on the gallery :)]

“I’m Laura’s sister -duh-, and I wanna help out,” Christine answered. Jesse ordered, “Great! You could pump the balloons. The pump and the balloons are in the right box.”

So Christine helped them as well. While helping, she went near Diana. They were currently pumping colorful balloons. Christine asked, “So you two are… official?”