Chapter 6 - Potential New Yorker

[Continuation of flashback]

(4 years later…)

By that time, there were now seniors. There were only few days left before their graduation. Right now, they were in the garden of their school talking about their future alma mater.

“So it's final you're going to study in Stanford?” Diana asked Laura. She answered, “Yeah. I really wanna pursue architecture there, especially the fact that I'll be in California. You know I wanna be there, right?”

“I guess I'll miss you a lot,” Diana felt sad about it. Laura felt the same way as well. “Same here, especially you're at the other side of the coast.”

“Yeah, New York, but I also wanna be there,” Diana said. Laura told her, “Well, college is about pursuing dreams and meeting new people.”

“Study all day, party all night, isn't that insane?” Diana imagined. Laura also imagined, “Yeah, what if we'll meet our future husbands there? That'll be so cool!”

“Not to mention, new annoying people to deal with,” Diana joked, and they both laughed. When they stopped laughing, they both realized that they were both going to miss each other. They are both sad about it now. Laura asked, “So I guess we’ll just chat every other day we're both free.”

Diana nodded. The bell rang after their talk, and they went to their next class.

-----

(3 months later…)

Both of them were now set to fly on the way to their respective colleges. They were now in the airport waiting for their flight. Diana was pulling her luggage with a Juilliard sticker while Laura was pulling her luggage with a Stanford flag. Diana commented at Laura's luggage, “Damn, that looks so… California-ish.”

[A/N: Teenage Laura on the picture]

“Well you look like a potential New Yorker,” Laura told her. Diana said, “So you'll be going to the West Coast…”

“…and you'll be going to the East Coast. Wow, we'll be about 2,500 miles away from each other,” Laura said. They both sat on the chairs in the waiting shed. They saw an airplane just landed on the runway. Laura noticed Diana was sad, so she said to cheer her best friend up, and it worked. “We could meet each other during break!”

“Plane to New York City will be leaving around 20 minutes,” the lady announced from the speakers. Diana hugged her best friend first before she stood up. “See you in Christmas break?”

“Definitely. And also Skype whenever we're both online and free!” Laura said. So Diana waved her last goodbye to her before going to the airplane itself.

-----

Hours after landing, Diana went to the waiting shed. When she was about to sit, she saw someone raising a white paper that says 'Diana Rogers' written with black marker, and then she recognized who that person was. “Mr. Dawson!”