Clint Barton: "Thanks, Seriously"

Title: "Thanks, Seriously"

Character: Hawkeye

Relationship: Friends

Type: Angst-y Fluff (I dunno...)

Content Warnings: Small Amount of Swearing (one word)

Author's Note: This isn't the bestttt I've written so be warned. Its good enough to stay here though ://

—x—

The day was ending, golden sunlight streaming through the open windows of the Shield Headquarters; which happened to be where y/n had been spending all his time recently.

Y/n was a quiet kind of guy. He didn't have many friends, couldn't hold a conversation and had a kind of off feel about him. He never really took care of himself, but had been getting better since he took joined shield. Climbing the ranks was a slow process, even slower as y/n didn't truely want to hurt people. And the shield missions often required him to do that. He had met a few people since joining shield, and one of those people was Clint Barton.

Clint didn't really know y/n. Clint knew of him and helped him out a few times with missions and some training, but that was really all. But, y/n really appreciated it. They appreciated that Clint would even talk to them. Not many people are kind enough to help out the quiet kid.

So, y/n had made his mind up. They were going to say thank you to the famous Avenger, Clint Barton. And there was no better time than now.

The avenger strolled into the blank, plain white kitchen. He looked even more tired than normal, and that was saying something. Grabbing himself a cup, Clint made himself a cup of coffee (he definitely needs the caffeine). Waiting for the coffee maker to do it's job, he noticed y/n.

"Oh hey y/n" he said, his voice's pitch extremely low because of how tired he was, "What's up? Had a good day?"

"Thank you."

"What? What for?"

"For talking to me, it really means a lot. I mean not many people talk to me and it's really awesome and cool that you actually have the time to say hi, andlikethankssomuchireallyhopeyouhaveaniceday" y/n muttered and stumbled all over his words.

Before he could finish saying his little speech Hawkeye just quickly dashed over to him and gave him a hug.

"Shh, kid. I didn't know you were this fucking lonely."

Y/n and Clint just stood there for a while, the sun light beaming onto them. Both of the men were smiling, both felt safe, both felt happy.

—x—

Heyyyy, I hope that was okay to read. I haven't uploaded in a while and that's because I've had no motivation. This isn't amazing but eehhh. Editing is for pussies.

Jam.