6: Memories from an Eternity Ago

Once they actually entered the Academy gates a very different feeling fell upon (C/F) Cookie's mind. Dread.

Something was telling them that being here was a bad idea. That it would be much better if they left this place for good—not that anyone else in the group would even consider the idea. Custard Cookie III is too enamored with Pure Vanilla Cookie to pass up any opportunity to meet him, Wizard Cookie is amazed by the magic of the Academy, and everyone else would trust the Sugar Swan over them.

"Uh, hey guys?" They suddenly speak up, not knowing where they're going with this.

"Yeah?" Strawberry Cookie responses.

"Can I uh, explore the Academy grounds on my own?" They ask, "There is one place I'd like to visit."

"Be careful, and come back if you run into trouble." Wizard Cookie advises.

"Ok, thanks." They wander off the path.

"They seem sad." Custard Cookie III frowns.

"I'm certain that being here is very emotional for them." Wizard Cookie nods.

"And White Lily Cookie still hasn't come back..." Strawberry Cookie sighs. "To run away all of a sudden... I'm worried about her."

"To be honest, I'm worried too..." GingerBrave tells Strawberry Cookie, "But let's try to think positive, Strawberry Cookie! After all White Lily Cookie likes to travel alone! I'm sure she—and (C/F) Cookie—will come back once they've sorted everything out!"

"He's right! As for us, we have this bush to get rid of." Chili Pepper Cookie frowns.

(C/F) Cookie sat down on the hill overlooking the starry river.

Pure Vanilla Cookie had brought them here when he first told them he loved them. It had been a beautiful night and he seemed to know just how to avoid all the teachers as they both had sat there.

"Did you love me?" They mumble to the empty spot beside them, as if hoping for an answer from someone who wasn't there.

They gently pick up a stone resting beside them, and jump at the familiar voice.

"With all my heart."

"What." They look around, only to realize that this must be some sort of spell, as the messy-haired blonde student with his pointy hat was on their other side, with them as a significantly younger child.

"Oh, come on. You're just saying that!" A much younger version of themself replies.

"I'm not though!" He insists.

They look around the scene more closely, looking up to the now well-kept path. They gape as they realize that child White Lily Cookie was watching the two kids from up by a bush.

"Lily WHY!" They exclaim, "Why would you spy on our date!!" They bury their face in their hands for how embarrassing it was to realize that she'd been watching the whole thing.

After watching one of White Lily Cookie's memories, Strawberry Cookie suddenly has an epiphany.

"Hey! I think I just realized what (C/F) Cookie's secret is!" She exclaims.

"Really?" Wizard Cookie gasps, "How?"

"Well, they've been avoiding the topic of the Vanilla Kingdom and knew what it was; they knew White Lily Cookie; and the Ferryman said they were friends with two of the students at the Academy, which they lived by and White Lily Cookie went to." Strawberry Cookie explains.

"You're not suggesting what I think you are?" Wizard Cookie's eyes widen.

"Maybe the other student they knew was Pure Vanilla Cookie!" She finishes.