9: A Thousand Years of Darkness

Chaos was everywhere.
Scenes of the start of the war played over and over again, but there were also cakes bustling throughout the halls.

"Hello there, fine Cookie. I've been awaiting for your arrival. Please follow me. Do you have any accessories I may take from you?"

"...W-what? Huh? No!" They gape at the massive Cake Butler.

"Alright then, please follow me. Your presence is requested elsewhere."

A little voice in (C/F) Cookie's head tells them that is where they die as they follow the Cake through the chaotic, but still familiar, halls.

They are lead into the dining hall, where a massive feast is laid out, and a few unfamiliar cookies sit around the table.

"Ah, (C/F) Cookie, how wonderful of you to join us! Please, have a seat and help yourself." Dark Enchantress Cookie smiles.

They glance around the room, "What did you do to the dining hall?"

"Do you not like my redecorating?"

"... It's different..." They shrug. "I also noticed the hand aesthetic on some of the walls. Really screams 'I am in immense pain and my life is misery.'"

A few Cookies around the table have to hold in a laugh at their words.

"Oh, come now (C/F) Cookie." Dark Enchantress Cookie was clearly trying to maintain a powerful aura by not laughing at this. "This feast is here for any Cookie strong enough to survive the new world."

"I literally did absolutely no fighting to get here."

"But you did pass all our defenses and cross the gates." She points out.

"Well, that's what happens when all the robots are programmed to listen to you." They shrug.

"While I find speaking to you amusing, there are important matters that must be discussed. Please, have a seat."

"..." They don't move, "You're going to use me as bait to get Pure Vanilla Cookie to come here, aren't you?"

"I wouldn't even have to try to do something like that (C/F) Cookie." She shakes her horned head, "After he founded this pathetic kingdom he placed a tracking spell on you. He always knows where you are."

"Oh. That's what she meant." Their eyes widen and they shudder at the memory of the Pomegranate Priestess telling them they had a strange magical aura.

"That is also why I placed a spell on your bedroom door so no one can open it but you."

"Y-you did?"

"You never noticed? How oblivious are you?" Dark Enchantress Cookie scoffs.

"..."

"Oh, right." She frowns.

"Stupidly oblivious." They shake their head, "But now that you say that it does make sense."

"I hope that at least would protect you from his hands, should he arrive."

"Have... have you ever seen Pure Vanilla Cookie get angry? I-I don't know if you noticed when were redecorating, but over by the chapel—sort of where the greenhouse is—there's a slightly different colored wall..."

"And?"

"It had to be replaced..."

"Why?" One of the Cookies from around the table, one they recognized from the Hero's Gate asks.

"Licorice Cookie, do not interrupt master." A red Cookie beside him cuts in.

"Oh." The suspicious Cookie gasps and puts a hand over their mouth in realization.

"Pure Vanilla Cookie's anger makes him unstable. He cannot properly act when he is upset. How he behaved when you were apart from him during the Dark Flour War proved that." Dark Enchantress Cookie scoffs, "He is no threat to me."

(C/F) Cookie holds their tongue on their differing opinion.

"Why don't you join us (C/F) Cookie?" She grins, "I trust you know the secret of Cookie-kind. I promised to tell you what I discovered on my quest."

"Uh, yeah. Lily told me right before they came to shatter the moonstone. I'm doing my best not to think about anything that happened that day too hard. I'm already stressed out enough."

"Why is that? Isn't it good to know the truth about things (C/F) Cookie. With the way you spoke of our dear friend it's clear you're now aware of his secret. What right did he have to hide that from you? Tell me, (C/F) Cookie, when did he last care for your opinion? When did he last take your input into consideration? When were you actually happy by his side?"

"..." They frown, feeling ashamed at how they couldn't answer any of those questions. They feel tears building up.

"See? There is no point going back to a past that takes you for granted! Join my forces and I promise we'll ensure your happiness."

"WOULD YOU JUST SHUT UP?!" Their sadness finally gets the better of them, "YOU'VE NEVER CARED ABOUT ME OR WHAT I WANT! IF ANYTHING, I SHOULD BLAME ALL MY UNHAPPINESS ON YOU! YOU'RE THE ONE WHO PUSHED US TOGETHER TO SAVE YOURSELF! YOU ACTED LIKE YOU WERE GIVING ME A CHOICE, BUT REALLY YOU WERE JUST FUELING HIS OBSESSION AND FORCING ME TO HIM!
WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU ACTUALLY CARED ABOUT MY OPINION, HUH?! WHEN DID YOU ACTUALLY WANT TO KNOW WHAT I WANTED AND WEREN'T JUST PRETENDING TO TRY AND FIND A WAY TO APPEASE HIM BEFORE HE DID SOMETHING DRASTIC?!"

Dark Enchantress Cookie doesn't say anything, totally in shock.

"How dare you speak to Dark Enchantress Cookie in such a way!" The red Cookie says.

"You may know her as Dark Enchantress Cookie, but she's no different from that school-girl who killed the entire school in search of knowledge better left unknown!" They walked over to a specific window by the other side of the table and stepped up onto the sill. They kick the window open—it being the emergency escape—and jump out, sprinting back into the city and around to the gates a back way, never looking back. Having a spell placed on them by Pure Vanilla Cookie is enough for the portal to open for them, this time.
Pretty soon they get back to the village,overrun with Wafflebots.

"(C/F) Cookie!" Black Raisin Cookie gasps, "Why are you here?" She isn't in very good condition.

"I'm leaving." They say firmly, "I came this way to see if I needed to help in any way."

"No, we're ok. We were just going back up to help GingerBrave and the rest." She explains, "The portal has closed, so the crows will carry us up."

"Doing that will help you avoid any Wafflebots that child might have left too." They nod, "I didn't see them on my way back, but I took a different route."

"I've got a crow watching the group, so don't worry about us. We'll be ok." She nods.

"Thank you for that. Don't worry too much about me either." (C/F) Cookie smiles slightly, "I need to figure a few things out for myself, then maybe I'll come back."

"Goodbye (C/F) Cookie. I hope we do meet again." Black Raisin Cookie says, sharing a smile with them as well.

"Hopefully under better circumstances." They nod, waving goodbye, "But until then, farewell."