Chapter 9

On the hallways of the school, I suddenly felt an arm around my shoulder and flinched. I stepped away when I saw this someone was Charles with his smug grin, always looking like a time bomb close to explode and destroy me. I tried to think what Mr. Dimitrev would have done in my situation. All the time. Stay calm, I thought. It doesn't matter if they hate you.

„Why don't you spend the break with us?" Charles asked.

„Why should I?"

Charles lay his arm a second time around my shoulder from one and Blake from the other side, I felt like backed into a corner. I still thought, what would Mr. Dimitrev do? But I had no freaking idea what he would have done. I couldn't think of anything.

They wanted to enter the boys bathroom. I don't know why, but when I realized this, I stopped. I was terrified. What would they do to me? I remember thinking that really bad things could happen in bathrooms and the teachers would never find out because why should they enter the bathrooms of the students?

Charles pushed me in. I stepped away from them and he laughed. „Are we that scary?" he asked Blake and then asked me. „Are we?"

„What do you want?"

„You owe us something," Blake said while Charles put out his phone. What would Mr. Dimitrev do? Hell, I had no idea what anyone would have done. My head was a mess. My phone vibrated. Charles put his phone away and looked at me as if he waited for something. „What are you waiting for?" he asked. „Look at it."

My hands were shaking badly when I hesitantly got my phone out. I really expected they had filmed me or something. But they didn't need to film me at something to get what they want. And what they wanted was revenge.

I felt the colors draining from my face when I looked at what Charles had sent me. It was the video of Mr. Dimitrev.

„Post it," Charles said.

I looked at Charles in shock. I shook my head. „No." I was about to delete the video before I could do something stupid, when Charles grabbed me and pushed me against the wall. I was so shocked I stopped breathing. Charles clenched his teeth and he didn't look as calm and passive-aggressive as always. He looked like he was about to kill someone if he wouldn't get what he wanted now. „Post. It."

He can't force me to do it. He can't. I pushed him away from me but my arms were too weak. He kicked me against my shin. I was so shocked of the pain I fell to my knees. And when Charles kicked his knee into my face it was over for me. Just two hits did it take. Two stupid hits. I couldn't even bear two hits.

Charles pulled my head up from the floor on my hair, so suddenly I crawled away from him into the corner. Something warm ran out of my nose. Blake laughed. Charles didn't. The look in his eyes was terrifying. In that moment I really thought Charles would have done anything. And my head was pounding. He kicked my phone on the floor to me and it slid to me. „Post it before I get really angry."

I couldn't bear the pain I felt in my nose. It was burning and running and I held it with one hand, hoping it would do something but touching it just made it burn stronger. And my hand was wet. There were tears and snot and blood. And the moment I looked up at them, I saw the next hit coming if I wouldn't do it now. That was when I started to think for myself. I started to be selfish and I thought, This is his own fault. I gotta save myself. I can't help him again. I don't want this anymore. This is his own fault. It's not my fault.

My fingers were shaking so strong I could barely type in my pin code. First I tried it with one hand, then it was too hard. Everything was shaky and blurry, I had to hold my phone with both hands and my screen got sticky and dirty from the blood. I still felt my nose running. I wiped it with my sleeve.

„Hurry up," Charles said and kicked me again. Not that strong but I flinched so hard, being scared of more pain that my phone fell from my hands. I picked it up again and I hurried. Before clicking the last button I hesitated. I looked at my red, shaking fingers. At the dirty screen that showed a picture of the video before posting it.

This is not my fault, I thought. This is not my problem anymore. Then I wondered what would happen after I clicked this button. Would Mr. Dimitrev get fired? I remembered he had a daughter he had to care for. But this is not my problem anymore. It's not my responsibility. I was just one click away from destroying a life.

„Come on!" Charles kicked me against my shoulder and they laughed. „Fuckin' pussy..."

I clicked the button.