The Beginning

TW:yelling, accidental murder

sunnys pov

I stand there and take a breath before starting to play. I close my eyes and I begin. It goes wonderfully until one bit. This one bit, I cannot stand. I can't get it right no matter how much I try. I have no time for failures, though. It's the day of the recital. I can't afford to make any mistakes.

"...Mari...can we take a break? Please?" I utter. I know she will be mad, she hates taking breaks.

"Are you kidding? Sunny, do you know what day it is? The recital is in 3 hours! We can't have any mistakes! There is no room for breaks!" She says sternly, trying not to yell.

"...Mari... I.. I can't do this..." I whisper.

"Excuse me?"

"I CAN'T DO THIS! I'M NOT AS PERFECT AS YOU AND I NEVER WILL BE! I SUCK AT THIS!" I cry. If only she would understand. The tears start to fall.

Blinded by anger, I run out of the room and out of the house. I run all the way to the park, to me and my friends secret hide out. I stand there for a few seconds remembering something. Remembering when I almost drowned. Standing on that statue, seeing a spider, and falling to my doom. Though, MARI saved me. I walk to a tall stone nearby and stand on it. I stare at the lake and sharply inhale through the tears. I look at my reflection in the purple lake.

I sob and cry. I throw my violin to the ground and I hear it shatter.

"SUNNY!" A voice behind me calls

I turn around to see it's Mari.
She looks at the broken violin and runs closer to me.

"SUNNY... WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!!? WE SAVED UP SO MUCH MONEY TO BUY YOU THAT AND YOU BREAK IT?!?? AND YOU RUN AWAY?! WHAT, DO YOU NOT CARE ANYMORE?!?" She yells.

"M...Mari... please quiet down... i.. i'm..IM SO SORRY" I say in between sobs

"NO, WE WORKED SO HARD FOR THIS AND YOUR JUST GONNA THROW IT AWAY? She walks closer to me.

"Mari...p-please...lets just... go home... i'm s-sorry!!" I sob

"NO, WE ARENT GONNA GO HOME, WE'RE GONNA STAND RIGHT HERE AND TALK ABOUT YOU BEING SO SELFISH!"

That really took me back... am I really... selfish?

"ITS NOT MY FAULT! YOUR SO OBSESSED WITH NOT MESSING UP TO THE POINT YOUR HURTING YOURSELF AND O-OTHERS! YOUR THE SELFISH ONE HERE!"

(maris pov)

I... am the selfish one... arent I? Blinded by anger, I keep yelling.

"IF YOU WOULD TRY HARDER, MAYBE I WOULDN'T BE ON YOUR CASE ALL THE TIME" I shout.

Sunny starts crying harder and is having a harder time breathing.

"JUST...LET ME LEAVE! I DON'T CARE ANYMORE!" He tries to budge his way through.

"YOUR NOT GOING ANYWHERE!!"

I push Sunny into the lake as hard as I could.