An Old Friend..?

(okay so, this chapter takes place when mari/sunny makes it to the real world for the 2nd time in the game. and in this timeline, after mari passed out in the bathroom, three days left i rhink)

TW: Vomit mention, passing out, a mother being neglectful(?), slight injuries

(maris pov)

"hhhngh..." I mumble, rubbing my eyes.

I sit up and look around my room. When did I make it to my bedroom? I go to stand up and stumble a little, but I balance myself just in time. I go to check my phone. I have a message.

"Hi, Mari, Its mom. How are you doing? I found you passed out in the bathroom last night with vomit in the toilet... A-Anyways, I was hoping I could make it back to see you today, but it's the last day of a big furniture bargain and I just can't resist a good bargain! You can take care of yourself for a few days, right? After all, your a big girl! If you can, remember to finish you're chores before I get back. I left a list on the table next to your door. Okay, Thats it for now! Mommy loves you! Bye, Sweetie!"

I hear a slight knocking on a door. I turn around. It sounds like its coming from downstairs. I walk out of my room and down the stairs. Finally, I'm met with the source of the sound.

"Mariiii?? ...Do you remember mee?? It's.. It's Aubrey Aubergine, If you didn't know!" The person behind the door says.

I stand there, frozen. My hand stuck on the door knob. Could it really be her?

"Um... haha.. I hope your okay..." She remarked

Slowly, I turn my wrist and pull the door open.

    "Oh! Mari! You actually answered! I'm so happy to see you

"Oh! Mari! You actually answered! I'm so happy to see you...! You're hair looks really nice!" Aubrey exclaims.

I grab a small strand of my messy purple hair and then look up at Aubrey. I go to speak but all that comes out at first is a sharp inhale.

"A-Ah... Thank you.. Y-You too..." I stutter.

"So... I uh.. noticed the for sale sign in your yard and I was wondering if you wanted to hang out... for old times sake!" Aubrey suggests.

    I hold onto the door to balance myself a little. I think for a moments before nodding my head in agreement.

    "Really? Yay!! C'mon then!!!" Aubrey extolled, happily shaming her hands and bouncing a little.

    I step outside the doorfram and close the door. I turn around and cover my eyes. I guess I wasn't used to all this brightness yet...

    "I've really missed you so um, I have some things planned!" Aubrey starts.

    I stand there, still covering my eyes, but making sure to listen.

(HI IM SOSO SORRY RHJS CHAPTER IS LATE!! and probably poorly written lol. also uh i didnt feel like foing a full drawing so just ignore the fact i traced over kel😭😭 thank you for reading:) )