The Cause of the End

TW: accidental murder, framed suicide, vomit

(mari pov)

"I-I'm... so sorry.. SUNNY!" The figure yelled just before stabbing Sunny in the stomach.

My vision started to clear up and I finally realized who the figure was....

"He...ro...?" I shook in fear. He.. why is he doing this...? To hide the truth? What even is the truth...? I can't remember... it's all... fuzzy.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry... I'm sorry... I'M SORRY" He cried out between sobs as he held the knife in SUNNYS stomach.

    He finally takes the knife out and lays it in SUNNYS hand. HERO stands up and trys to balance himself. He stares at the corpse.

    "T-T..This is fake... right..? Sunny is...still alive... RIGHT..??!" I sob.

    Hero still continues to stare at Sunny. His breathing gets more choppy as he weakly walks back..

    "...S-Sunny...?" He stutters

    I try to get a closer look and more fear rises within me.

I shouldn't have looked...

      I finally, completely break down. I fall to my knees and scream. The tears don't stop.  Hero puts his hands on my shoulders and hugs me. I know he's just as traumatized. A couple minutes pass and suddenly Kel, Aubrey, and Basil come bursting through the door.

    "IS EVERYONE OKA-" Kel says before having a coughing fit. He starts crying. Everyone does.

    "S-SUNNY...?!" Basil stutters before collapsing.

    Aubrey screams and sobs. She then accidentally vomits on the floor and her knees go weak.

    Kel slowly walks over to everyone and desperately tries to comfort them, to no avail. Aubrey trys to regain her strength but ultimately runs away to me and Sunnys bedroom.

    The room falls silent. After a couple hours, Hero called Aubrey and Basils caretakers. Kel passed out from crying to much so that just left HERO and me.

    "I... I'm s-so sorry... please...forgive me.. stay with me... d-don't leave me. PLEASE" Hero begged.

    "... I'm-....." I look away, ashamed and guilty. "Don't.... apologize... it's m-my fault... I..- I'm sorry. im sorry.. I'm sor-" Hero said, being interrupted by me hugging him

    "... G-get some rest... I.. I think we need it.. after t-today..." Hero suggested as he kissed my cheek. "G'Night... M-Mari..." He said as he turned away and left.

    A few hours later, I walked into the living room to see my parents fighting.

    "YOU CAN'T JUST LEAVE, YOU COWARD!"

    "YES I CAN, OUR DAUGHTER IS A KILLER"

    "SHE DIDNT MEAN IT! IT WASN'T HER FAULT!"

    "I FEEL ASHAMED TO ADMIT SHES MY DAUGHTER!"

    My dad turned to the door, and the final words before he left forever were:

    "Your not my daughter. My daughter is not a killer."

    My mom looked at me before running at me and pulling me into a tight embrace on the floor. She stroked my hair as I cried.
    I went to bed early that night and this is the start of what I would do for the next four years.