Flashbacks

New chapter! This one is more about Severus and Lily like they were kinda supposed to be. I am just glad to have people read this though. Happy Reading!

While Harry was in London because of the Death Eaters, Severus Snape was in Malfoy Manor with Lord Voldemort. Pretending to be on the Dark Lord's side made it to where he had to be at the Manor a lot while others were off attacking people to find Harry.

"Excuse me my lord," Severus said getting up from the table they were sitting at. "I am going to use the restroom." He said lying just to get out of the room, away from the body of the woman they had just killed on the table. 

After he got to the restroom he turned on the water. Washing his face off with the cold water. He was then thinking about what would happen if they had actually caught Harry. What would they do to him. 

He then was thinking about Lily. How Harry was so much like her. Then thinking about watching them both get sorted into Gryffindor. The way all the others had went crazy to have another person in the house with them. Then thinking about how much he hated James. 

"Wasn't even there when Harry was born," He said quietly to himself. "So stuck up and was never at home with Lily. Always off partying. All the secrets he had kept from her. All the lies I had caught him in." 

"Severus?" he heard someone call from the other side of the door. "You okay in there?"

"I'm fine Lucius," he replied casually. "I'll be out in a minute." He heard the footsteps as Lucius walked away back to the dining room. 

"God, I hated James, whether he saved my life or not. If he had just left me and Lily alone from the start he would probably still be alive. Lily would also probably still be here even." he continued to talk to himself for a minute. 

"I am just lucky Lily lied to him for so long. Saying she was fine when she really needed him there to help with Harry. Him actually thinking that Harry was his child. God he was so dumb." he laughed. "So stupid." 

After a minute he went back to the dining room. Knowing that  he had been lying to Voldemort the entire time. Lying that he was really a true Death Eater. He just wanted to make sure that Harry was safe. Even if it meant putting his own life at risk by pretending to be evil. 

"What took you so long Severus?" Voldemort asked. "I was worried that you had jumped out the window because you didn't want to be here."

"I just needed a minute. I felt kind of sick, maybe because of what I had eaten," Severus replied in his monotone voice. "I would not jump out of the window whether I was wanting to get out of here. It would be hard with my robes." 

Voldemort just did his creepy laugh and everyone laughed awkwardly other than Bellatrix. She always laughed about things that shouldn't be laughed at, whether the dark lord laughed about it or not. 

God, she is just as crazy as James was. Severus thought. How does the dark lord think that she is like any normal person? Maybe Azkaban really does change people that much. Just people like Lucius think that they are to good for everyone that they make it so people are to scared to talk to them.

"Severus you think about things a lot" Voldemort then said out of nowhere. "A lot more than they should be thought of. It does not change everyone, just those who have been there for so long. Like she has, if you know what I mean," he said looking directly at Severus. 

"What do you mean by, like she has, my lord?" Bellatrix said angrily. "You better not be talking crap about me."

"They aren't talking about you Bella." Narcissa said trying to calm her sister down. "Why would they be talking about you? They are probably talking about someone at Hogwarts. Like McGonagall, or that lady that just got killed." 

"Yes, Narcissa, we are talking about that lady that teaching those children about muggles," Voldemort said in reply. "No, Severus was thinking about whether being at Hogwarts for a shorter amount of time as McGonagall will still allow him to be Headmaster and he will have to be a better person to be in that much power." 

"See Bella?" Narcissa said knowing that they had really been talking about. "They were not talking crap about you. They were talking crap about Hogwarts and McGonagall. Nothing to worry about." 

"Well they better not have been," Bellatrix said pouting. "Well, let's go back to trying to catch Potter." she said lighting up a little when she thought about getting to attack the boy. 

Severus however, hoping that they had been safe and Harry wouldn't get caught anytime soon. 

Hey, hoping you liked this chapter. More about Severus and Lily like it should be. And explaining that James was such a prick and Severus hated him. And I made it that James was always out partying that he wasn't ever helping Lily with Harry and he wasn't there when he was born. 

I am also telling you that I have been making playlists for characters on Spotify and you can find me at https://open.spotify.com/user/zr1404khnxmj5j8oeaayrfaaw?si=2f5ce0115290473c

Happy Reading!