The First Note

"Seonghwa!" I heard my friend, San, call out to me. I looked down the hallway and saw him and Jongho walking towards me.

"Hey guys, how was your weekend?" I asked, turning back to my locker. I was half paying attention to their responses as I opened my locker. A note fell out. "What's that?" Jongho asked, bending down to pick it up. I shrugged. "Probably just a drawing." Then he began to read it aloud.

Dear Seonghwa,
This is probably weird to you. I sure hope you don't find me odd. I've always been too nervous to talk to you face to face, so I've decided to leave notes in your locker. I've had a big crush on you since the 4th grade. That's right, 4th. You probably think I'm some stalker considering I know which locker is yours. Truth is, sometimes I just can't take my eyes off of you. You're too handsome and I'm afraid that if I do take my eyes off of you, you'll get even more irresistible. Anyways, I guess this first note is to just tell you about my feelings? Well, I like you Park Seonghwa, and I know you'd never like me. So, these notes are enough for me. They make me feel like I'm actually speaking to you. That's weird, isn't it? I'm sorry. Oh, by the way, that shirt you wore yesterday was one of my favorites I've ever seen you in. You should wear it more often. Have a good day Seonghwa, hopefully this note will make it even better! I hope it doesn't ruin your day instead..
-K.H

"Oooo, Seonghwa hyung has a secret admirer!"San teased. "Oh shut up San. It's probably just some kind of joke." I said, taking the note and stuffing it in my pocket.

Truth is..the note kind of boosted my confidence. I can't help but wonder who would write a note like that to me...

"Hwa, you're staring off again," Jongho said, waving his hand in front of my face. "Do you have a crush on whoever wrote that?" He chuckled. "Shut it guys. Stop the teasing. Like I said, it's probably just some kind of joke." We then headed off to class.

༄✰༄✰༄✰༄

Word count: 371