I gotta do everything around here

Harry's POV

I lasted staying in the room a total of seven minutes, after that, the door was blasted off and a creepy as hell alien busted through the door, saw me and grinned. Its creepy needle like fangs a thing of nightmares. It took the alien two seconds for it to understand it didn't know what I was. It then tried to grab me. It took me a total of three seconds to realize that my room was no longer safe and as I couldn't hide like Hulion told me, I did the second best option; I ran!

Grabbing my wand and mustering my magic, I concentrated on the mess hall, my magic stirring to obey my command, and feeling like I was travelling through a tube I was there. 

It wasn't much safer here, there were hundred of aliens fighting here. I could make out our crew from the black sleeveless shirts, the invaders had on bright red and blue patterned shirts. I shivered watching in terror as my friends battled. As the Captain gave a huge yell his tall frame easily visible and his huge axe swung down and chopped an enemies head off. 

Karlum and Hulion were back to back surrounded by three aliens. They were both shooting glowing bullet like projectiles at enemies dropping them like flies. I would have called over to them if the creepy alien from earlier hadn't swung its slimy tail around me--constricted like a snake--I squirmed as he wrapped it around my throat. In an act of desperation I pictured the room with a huge window I saw when I first bumped into the ship. Suddenly through the tube and we were there. The alien chasing me collapsed, black bile coming out of its mouth as it vomited, it didn't like apparition either.

I glanced around and found the room to be some kind of training room with heavy weight objects scattered across the room, there was nowhere for me to hide either. Glancing at the alien, I grabbed it and did the next best thing, I apparated the creature just outside the glass...into the void of space...where it couldn't grab anything...its breathing mask keeping  it alive, but its threat level no longer existing.

Visualizing my room I appeared there and stayed in my rom on my bed waiting. Hulion told me to stay here. STAY. There is always a reason for an order and I am just a soldier, I follow orders. 

It was another hour before my battle with myself won out and I disillusioned myself creeping down the hall to the mess hall...looking inside I was shocked to find it empty, not a single living thing was there. I followed the drag marks from the room and crept further down the hallway past where the room I recovered in was. I continued quietly creeping until the air grew thin and the hallway suddenly had a hole ripped open to open space. A large plank bridging the ship to the other ship.

I crouched myself down low and observed what I could. All the aliens on the ship were surrounding cages with their guns, inside one of the cages I could make out glowing stars. That was all the evidence I needed, Hulion was in those cages and if he was, so was Karlum and the rest of the crew. The huge cage at the back could only hold one person; The Captain Tukin.

I had to get the before the managed to leave with them. Taking a deep breath I mustered my magic and apparated silently behind the guards in front of Hulion's cage. My disillusion still in effect. Hulion's eyes widened to comical levels and his stars began blinking in worry, looking around I saw hundred of cages, many of which didn't have my crew in them. 

I checked behind me to make sure that the guards didn't notice me, I saw the one with the dog like nose begin sniffing the air confused and I grabbed Hulion's cage there and apparated back ignoring Hulion's call. I crouched low and casted a silencing charm over the captives area. I jumped quietly from the top of each cage until I was sitting on Tukin's cage. I glanced inside to make sure it was him, and with a tug on my magic I brought him into the mess hall.

Hulion was calling out to me desperately as I vanished again grabbing more random cages. After an hour the cages at the back were mostly removed including the terrifying Terulia. My magic was drained but there was one more person I had to save. Apparating, I made my way weaving through the cages, before I spotted the bat eared golden striped alien named Karlum. I grabbed his cage and apparated back in to the mess hall which was filled with at least 50 cages.

I collapsed on top of it exhausted and rolled off hitting the floor in a slump my breathing ragged. I shut my eyes for a moment before taking a deep breath and sitting up. I looked around and saw everyone staring at me still in their cages. I breathed heavily heaving myself up wobbling still and leaned on Karlum's cage.

Reaching into my waistband I pulled out my wand. Touching it to his cage door I muttered Alohomora...opening the cage. IF anything this was just as tiring. I went around to all the cages, opening the doors, the Captain supporting me when he was out. Almost carrying me to each cage until finally we got to Hulion's cage, where I set him free and he reached over to me pulling me into his arms, and carrying me to the last few cages where I released them.

Once that was done, I was placed down where I stood wobbly before I disillusioned myself again and prepared to go back to the enemy ship, there were more slaves there after all. Hulion grabbed my arm firmly and Karlum weaved his way towards us grabbing my other arm tightly, stopping me from going.

"No little human, you cannot go alone, in fact you shouldn't go at all." Karlum called gently. I just kept moving the Captain placed and arm on my shoulder and the spidery form of Terulia stood in front of me where I froze.

I sighed tiredly. "I can take four people, and I only trust the Captain, Hulion, and Karlum. I can tolerate Terulia so she can be the last one, all of you grab something to fight with and get over here." I told the timidly.

They gave me a soft look before vanishing for a minute. They were soon next to me and I gently muttered a disillusionment spell before tapping each of them on the head. I then grabbed hold of Hulion and Karlum who gestured for the others to grab ahold.

I heaved my magic up with the familiar feeling of fatigue and low reserves from all the previous battels. We appeared in the room with the captives, our appearance causing an outrage. They had a hard time seeing us but they could tell we were there, especially as Captain Tukin slammed the butt of his axe over the back of a guards head knocking him unconscious.

He grabbed the keys and threw them to a member of his crew who hastily began unlocking its own cage and everyone else's who ran to help fight. The first spell I used was a mass silencing spell which silenced the guards calls for help. Then I began banishing them into open space where they floated helpless. We had almost saved everyone when the Captain of our ship was hit with a glowing bullet thing and he fell down. I was at his side in a second covering him blasting people away, and using a shield spell which covered is as I stemmed the bleeding in his shoulder...which was bleeding blue...professionally like I had done hundred of times during the war.

Using some of my last remaining strength I scabbed the wound over healing the internal inquiries, as I did so the shield fell down and bullets blasted through my own chest and I hissed in pain. The death magic still active I did not bleed out or die, but I sure as heck bled and red blood dripped down my chest as I stood angrily. Hulion was screaming my name as he tried to get to me...killing guards left and right to the point they actually stopped aiming for him. I ignored him. I brought up as much power as I could and set all the guards on fire with an incendo, I then used some of my remaining energy to carry the Captain to the mess hall, where I collapsed.

The Captain grunted in pain, "Little human you're injured, little human! You need help, hurry heal yourself, you will die!" Tukin called to me desperately.

I laughed hollowly blood coming out from my mouth making me cough, "If only I would." I placated him sarcastically as I hissed in pain. Standing up, my bright red blood still dripping from my frame and I rand down the hall to the ship in time to see the cages empty and my crew standing on our ship watching as the flaming guards tried to put their fires out on their ship which was hastily retreating.

I smiled happy I had managed to protect my new friends. I slid down the wall leaving a trail of blood and put my chin on my knees drifting off to sleep, missing Hulion's figure which was weaving his way through the crowd to me screaming my name as a red puddle formed beneath me.

End of this chapter! Hope you enjoyed the edited version Leave a comment. I love hearing from readers, so tell me if you think there are any errors (grammar wise). I like hearing peoples thoughts on books.

~Skylight1322~