Late Hours

"Alfred?," you asked, knocking at the door, shivering. It was already late, but you KNEW this would be an emergency. Besides, Bruce would obviously still be awake.

The old man opened the door, smiling at you, until he saw the bloodied knife in your hands.

"Don't worry, Al," you said, softly. "I didn't do it. Someone saved me while I was walking in the crowd..."

He nodded grimly, quietly motioning for you to come in. You walked into the house.

"Bruce just came back from patrol," he finally spoke, though in an extremely sober tone.

"Al, what happened?," you asked, concerned. "Did Bruce know this guy or something?"

"I'm afraid so do you, Miss [L/N]." Alfred said as you went down the elevator to the Batcave.

"What?," you asked, confused. "I have NO idea who he is or what the heck he wants!"

"For now," he said. "Later on, as you discover who's under the red hood... You'll understand his purpose."

Exiting the elevator, you followed Alfred to Bruce, who was staring at Jason's robin costume, behind the glass case, as if it were a museum exhibit simply for anyone's amusement. But Bruce had a different purpose. Fatherly love. Guilt. Though, something new was in the atmosphere.

"Bruce?," you finally asked, after a brief moment of silence.

"Oh," he snapped out of his trance, facing you. He smiled that fatherly smile that always made you happy, but it was sad. The pain reminded you of that wretched day...

"I..uh..," you started. "Wanted to tell you about this new guy..."

Bruce glanced at Alfred as the older man nods, like two parents about to tell their child the horrible truth about the world.

"What is it?," you asked, ever so innocent, knowing absolutely nothing.

"[Y/N]," Bruce said. "Jason.."

"No way," you said. "Did... Did someone take his body?"

"Yes," Bruce said, now letting you discover it on your own.

"And Ra's was working with HIM," you said. "Ra's, the guy who lived for centuries..." As you thought, your eyes landed on the costume, now realizing why Bruce had been staring at it in the first place.

"No," you backed up. "It can't be.."

"I am terribly sorry, Miss [Y/L/N]," Alfred said. "But Master Todd is alive."