VIII. Love

A new day has come

A new day has come. I didn't sleep last night all I can feel at this moment is tiredness and nervousness. I know that Jisoo will be waiting for me as she used to before all the mess.

I took my attire and went to the kitchen as usual. I can hear the maids glaring at me and whispering maybe they thought that I left the palace last night, well I almost did.
I went toward Mr. Williams he had Jisoo's breakfast ready.
"Good morning young man, Lady Jisoo is waiting for you" he said before putting the plate in my hands "It's late you should hurry" I nodded and turned my heels to Jisoo's room.

And here I am. Froze at my spot again. I don't know how she will react after what happened yesterday. I saw her weakest side and showed her my feelings 'Maybe she will be uncomfortable.' But then I remembered Mr. Williams' words.

'She is waiting for me'

I took a deep breath and opened her door. And there she was beautiful as always but she didn't notice my presence. She was reading a book 'A book?' She was immersed in reading she didn't even notice that I walked to her side and then I saw it. A little tear dropped from her glossy eyes and I realized.

'She's reading her diary'

I felt a heavy feeling in my stomach, no, it wasn't my stomach. It feels like my heart is burning inside I don't know why but It hurts. It really hurts.
I cleared my throat to get her attention she finally looked at me she wiped her tears and smiled.

"Hi there" she said to me
"Here's your breakfast lady Jisoo, I'm sorry I'm late" I replied putting the plate on the table
"Just call me Jisoo" she continued as she takes a seat, "I told you we are friends"
"Right, we are friends" I uttered while I seat in front of her

She talks nonstops while she eats. 'She's so cute' but suddenly my eyes dropped to her night table. 'Yeah her diary' I remembered all the pages I read. All her past. All her raw feelings. All the words unspoken. It was a different Jisoo. A Jisoo that maybe I will never meet.

"Taehyung?" she asked snapping me out of my mind "Is something wrong?" She asked confuse
"Don't worry I didn't sleep well last night" I answered her
"Are you sure?" She insisted while tilting her head "You haven't touched your food at all"
"I'm okay I mean it" I said to her

She didn't believe me as expected since I'm a bad liar but at least she stopped asking me questions.

"I want to show you something today" she told me out of the blue
"Uhm?" And suddenly she stepped forward taking my hand. My heart skipped a beat at her gesture.
"Let's go" she said as she started running outside

'Where are we going?' I was worried about her and she was just dragging me to nowhere.
"Jisoo?" I called her name but she didn't listen to it
"Jisoo!" I said one more time but I stood still to stop her
"Woah I didn't know you were this strong" she said while laughing
"We can't go outside I don't want you to—" she interrupted me
"Don't worry we are here" she replied me while opening a massive door behind her

It was the music room. Big windows and curtains.
A collection of paintings hung in a row on the plain background. Instruments of the highest class and exquisite furniture. Everything in this room screamed royalty.
A grand piano that was in the middle of the room drew my attention.

"Do you like it? I decorated this room by myself. It took me a few years but I can say that I love it" she looked at me for a few minutes
"Do you want to play it?" She said taking a seat "Come here"

 It took me a few years but I can say that I love it" she looked at me for a few minutes "Do you want to play it?" She said taking a seat "Come here"

I seated beside her. She started to play a melody. I thought that she couldn't be more beautiful but she looked unreal, magical, ethereal. But a strange feeling hit me.

"It's not that hard if you practice" she continued "You can learn a few notes first" she took my hand and lead me
I can hear Jisoo talking but everything is blurred

"If you press one key down softly you'll get a soft sound like this..."

'This is her favorite room. It's because of him right?'

"...But if you press a key down firmly and quickly you'll get a louder sound"

'This piano. They were together here I'm sure'

"To get a chord you need to press multiple notes down simultaneously..."

'You're trying to teach me as you taught him?'

"If you want to play a beautiful melody it will take a few months... but I can help—"

"I'm not a replacement!" I screamed smashing the keys
Jisoo looked at me dumbfounded she didn't understand what was happening
"I know you loved him. I know you shared everything with him. But I'm not a replacement" I looked her straight into her eyes "This is why you needed a new butler?" I spilled my words like arrows

She didn't say a word. She stood up and looked down at me.

"I have never treated people like objects" she finally spoke "I know you're not him, no one can be him" her words were cold and direct "I miss him but I know he will never come back because he's dead Taehyung"
Her last sentence gave me an ice feeling. I didn't know that.

"He's someone I loved years back and it has nothing to do with you" she continued "I liked you since we crossed our gazes, you're a good person, someone I want to be close to, someone I want to show the things that I love. I don't have hidden intentions"

I felt like I needed to be honest with her and let all my feelings out. Maybe I'll regret this but it's what I want at this moment.

"Jisoo..." I paused as I stood up and looked at her "I like you, no..., I'm in love with you" I said firmly "I know that your heart still hurts but I really need to know if you can feel the same way"

Her eyes widened she was surprised.She looked at me as she didn't understand a word.

Maybe that confession was my biggest mistake.