XXIV. Forever

"Can you walk? Are you sure?" Jisoo asked Taehyung with concern

"Can you walk? Are you sure?" Jisoo asked Taehyung with concern. It has been a long trip and she feels that Taehyung shouldn't push himself this much.

But he's stubborn. He wanted to be here.

"Sweetheart, I could run a marathon" Taehyung joked but Jisoo only pouted and furrowed her brows "I'm serious," she said

"I'm sorry" he said patting Jisoo's head "I'm okay, don't worry that much" he said smiling.

Taehyung admired the landscape. They are finally here, The Palace. The place that he dreamt of so many times is in front of his eyes.

"It looks the same" he said walking to the main door "Joseph did a wonderful job" Jisoo said smiling and grabbing Taehyung's hand "Let's go inside"

It has been three months since Taehyung told Jisoo the truth, that he's sick. Very sick. They only have a limited time together, even with the proper treatment, in the best of cases, he can live only a year.

But Jisoo is worried, Taehyung has been pushing himself a lot...

He wanted to go to the beach, so they did go for a week.

He wanted to do a big painting, so he stayed up all night painting.

He wanted to do mouthing climbing, so he did.

There are so many things on Taehyung's to-do list. Jisoo couldn't say no but she's worried. Every time she wants to ask him about his health, he changes the topic.

Visiting The Palace was on Taehyung's list. Jisoo wasn't sure about it because it was pretty far but Taehyung insisted.

Now they are at The Palace. It was a three days trip, a really uncomfortable trip. But he really wanted to go, so Jisoo had no choice.

Jisoo opened the door and a few servants bowed at them.

"Welcome Lady Jisoo" a maid said
"Call me Jisoo please" Jisoo smiled "Can you please help us with our luggage?" Jisoo said to the butler beside the maid
"I can handle it" Taehyung said, he felt weird since he haven't been treated like this before
"You can't" Yoongi interrupted "I'll help you" he said taking the suitcases
"Thank you Yoongi" Jisoo said
Taehyung was annoyed "Tell me again, why did he come?" Taehyung asked Jisoo
"Uhm? He wanted to visit The Palace too" she said
"Yeah... sure" Taehyung said

Jisoo doesn't understand why Taehyung and Yoongi don't like each other, they used to be friends but now they have little fights from time to time and for her sake, she tries to ignore their beef.

"So what do you think?" Jisoo asked Taehyung  while walking in the hallway holding his arm
"It's just as I remembered it" Taehyung was excited "It feels like a dream" he was smiling from ear to ear "But..." he murmured
"But?" Jisoo was curious
"We don't have fancy attires like back then" he laughed