XXIII. Daydream

Author POV

"Are you coming?" Jisoo anxiously texted Taehyung

"Are you coming?" Jisoo anxiously texted Taehyung. She's sitting nervously at the cafe waiting for him to arrive. She has been waiting forward to this day all week, it's their first date since they are officially a couple.

It took some time for Jisoo to get back on her feet. Yoongi forced her to drink blood, every hour and every day and Taehyung went to her place from time to time to spend time with her.

Lisa and Jimin were worried too, they visited her and helped her to catch up with her classes.

Taehyung finally arrived, he looks out of breath "I'm sorry, I'm late" he told Jisoo while taking a sit "Did you wait a lot?" He asked her worried holding her hand "Don't worry, I just arrived too" She lied she has been waiting for an hour.

"Is everything okay?" She asked looking straight into his eyes. Taehyung changed the topic quickly "It's nothing, let's have our drinks" he said.

Jisoo felt like something was off but she didn't pay much attention. She wanted to enjoy the moment, every second of their time together.

Their conversation flowed easily, Jisoo and Taehyung laughed and joked like they always did. You can tell they are made for each other.

After the cafe they went for a walk, as the sun began to set, the streets became empty and quiet. As they walked they went to a small and old park.

"Have you been at the palace?" Taehyung asked Jisoo out of the blue "Uhm?" Jisoo sounded confused "I mean... after all these years, did you go back to the palace?" He asked again with curiosity "Yes, I have... I mean we have" Jisoo answered "Joseph and I visit the palace from time to time" she continued, "It's looks almost like back then, Joseph had made sure that the palace will be kept as a secret location to humans"

Taehyung's eyes sparkled "Then that's why I didn't find anything," he said relieved "I tried to search the palace but I found nothing, at some point I thought I dreamed all of it" Jisoo can feel how Taehyung's excitement grew "We can plan a vacation to the palace if you want to" Jisoo suggested with a smile "Really? I would love to" Taehyung almost screamed "It's pretty far though..." Jisoo added "I don't care, I want to be there at least one more time" Taehyung said determined.

Jisoo was touched. The palace, her home, has a special place in Taehyung's heart.

After that they stood in silence for a moment, enjoying the scent of the flowers and the cool air, they were lost in their thoughts.

Taehyung held Jisoo's hand tight and looked at the starry sky "This is all I want" he said "I want to be by your side, forever" he smiled at her with teary eyes.

Jisoo's heart clenched a bit. They wasted so much time being stubborn and selfish and in the end, they finally realized that they loved each other.

She's glad it's not too late to spend time with him. She hugged Taehyung and told him three words, the only words she needed to say "I love you"

"I love you too," Taehyung said and then kissed her softly.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

Finally, they headed to Taehyung's place and a strange feeling hit Jisoo. She doesn't know why she's so nervous, she has been at his place before but for some reason this time is different.

Taehyung opened the door "Wait a second, I think I –" Jisoo grabbed Taehyung by his arm "What's wrong?" He asked surprised at the sudden action. Jisoo looked at him and no words were needed, Taehyung understood everything.

He closed the door and came closer to Jisoo "Are you sure?" Jisoo didn't answer, instead, she leaned for a deep and long kiss. They both were out of breath, Jisoo's cheeks were fully red, this was something she desires.

She has been with other people but it didn't mean a thing. And in this exact moment the person she loves the most it's in front of her. She wants him. She needs him.

On the other side, Taehyung couldn't believe his eyes. His heart was about to explode. He had to control himself so many times but right she's in front of him willing to be his.

Taehyung took Jisoo's shaky hand and led her to his bed. He sat down and pulled her towards him, they shared a long kiss, and they took their time savoring each other.

As they lay on the bed, Taehyung started to explore Jisoo's body with a gentle touch and caresses. They gave themselves fully to each other, that night they became one and it was just like they imagined it...

Perfect.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

A dim light caressed Jisoo's pale face, she's waiting for Taehyung since he is not by her side. Sometimes she finds it funny how he still thinks that she can fall asleep.

She knew he went to the bathroom but she doesn't know why he doesn't come back. Jisoo stood up and took a shirt of Taehyung to cover herself. She can feel how her body aches a bit, the flashbacks of last night make her blush like crazy.

She walked towards the bathroom "Taehyung?" She called his name "Are you okay?" She knocked at the door. "I'm fine," Taehyung told her from the other side.

"Are you sure?" Jisoo couldn't shake the weird feeling in her stomach "Are you sick?" She insisted. Suddenly she heard Taehyung throwing up nonstop "Tae—" she tried to open the door "It's okay...I'll be with you in a second"

Little he knows that Jisoo wasn't worried just because she heard him puke...

It was because she can smell his blood

All over the place.

Jisoo is extremely strong, just like every one of her kind. It took a second to break the door between them, now she fully understands why Yoongi does this.

But she wasn't prepared for the truth...what was inside shocked her. Taehyung's mouth was covered with blood "What is happening?" She asked him worried.

Taehyung gave her a small smile and whispered while crying...

I'm sorry Jisoo.