25.5: KMJ

If someone would ask me the reason why I am in love with Jimin Yoo, I certainly wouldn’t be able to provide a concrete response.

               I don’t know.

               I just do.

               Must there be a reason?

               Taeyeon once told me that: Some things do not come from the mind to know, but from the heart to feel.

               I remember myself shrugging it off; too young to even bother to care back then.

               Love makes people foolish.

               It makes them do stuff that makes me want to puke out of utter disgust.

               That it was just some sort of an idiotic concept that romance authors created to sell their novels to the equally idiotic hopeless romantics.

               It was nothing short of derangement.

               Now that I think about it, I was some kind of anti-romantic as a child.

               I guess it was an inevitable outcome.

               It was what my parents had shown me, after all.

               However, if someone would ask me when did I know I would fall for her, then I had an answer in mind.

               It happened 12 years ago.

               It was a fine Sunday morning in April.

               The sky somehow seemed bluer than the pacific, warming my eyes ever so good.

               The clouds were as puff as the newly made cotton candy, ready to disperse into the wind, to travel the Earth.

               The breeze of spring was so gentle and warm you wouldn’t notice it hitting your skin unless you stop and be present in the moment.          

               Mother brought me along with her to see a piano competition.

               One of the competitors was said to be with a talent that you would see once every ten years.

               As a result, a large number of music fanatics and critics flocked to the theatre to watch the rumored prodigy.

               I had no expectations.

               I was quite certain that they probably could only be considered as the best an ordinary person could be.

               A prodigy who was not prodigious enough to rival me.

               Nobody my age could ever hope to impress me; let alone defeat me.

               Never in my dreams would I had imagined there exist a person who was going to prove me wrong.

               The prodigy promptly caught my eye from the moment she took the stage.

               Jimin Yoo.