roses | jeongkai

Description: 

A branch off of New Kid (you'll still understand the one shot even if you haven't ready it😊) where Kai meets the love of his life. Little did he know that he would meet him at his brother's wedding.

~~~~~~~

Kai's POV:

I walked up to the bar, instantly giving the bartender a smile as I said, "Whiskey sour, please." And sat down at one of the stools. He nodded, turning around to make the drink that I ordered.

I was honestly thinking about leaving early because I'm a bit tired, but I can't just leave my brother's wedding like that. Soobin and Yeonjun have been planning this for a while, and I was even in the wedding as the ring bearer, and Tae and I were collectively the best man. I don't know. I guess I just feel a bit lonely.

I mean, Taehyun has Beomgyu; Yeonjun has Soobin; and then I'm by myself. It's always a bit awkward around the holidays as well since Soobin and Beomgyu come spend it with us every year. Trust me, they are so nice, and I love having them around, but I want something like that too. I'm pretty bad with relationships. People always say that I'm too nice—which makes it quite easy for people to take advantage of me. Jun and Tae have been saying this for years, and I think I'm finally starting to figure it out a little.

Especially after my last relationship, where my ex kept asking for me to do things for her and still say how I wasn't doing enough. It was a while before I realized how unhealthy it was, and Jun was worried about me. I think Tae kind of had a gut feeling that she was bad news, but I didn't listen to him.

I sighed to myself, giving a small, "Thank you." As the bartender placed my drink in front of me. I instantly picked it up and took a sip, feeling the burn down my throat as I swallowed.

Someone came up next to me, a stool in between us as he asked, "Can I have a whiskey sour, please?"

It made me turn my head, seeing a guy who looked to be around my age smiling at the bartender. He was still standing, which means he must just want to get his drink and go back to dancing with everyone else rather than stay here. He was cute, a dimple carving into his cheek and his hair falling over his forehead, almost in his eyes. His suit looked nice, a casual navy-blue color with a button-down shirt like what people wear to work. His tie was loosened, and the top button of his shirt was undone, probably from dancing so much.

The bartender smiled as well, "Yeah, he just got the same thing." He replied, gesturing to me.

He turned to me, chuckling a little. I did the same as the bartender turned around to make another drink, and the guy asked, "Are you friends or family?"

I smiled at him, "I'm Yeonjun's little brother."

He scrunched his eyebrows for a moment, and then widened his eyes at the realization. He brought his hand up and snapped his fingers, "Oh, you were the best man!"

I shrugged, "In the flesh."

My comment made him chuckle lightly, and he quietly said, "You must be Kai, right? I already met Taehyun-ssi."

I raised an eyebrow, "Umm... Yeah. How'd you know?"

He smiled, and there was something about the way the corners of his eyes scrunched that made him look so adorable, "Sorry, I'm Jeongin. I'm Yeonjun and Soobin's neighbor. I own the farm right next to them."