[M] librarian pt.2 | yeonbin

Yeonjun's POV:

I smiled softly as I moved closer to Soobin, watching as he shrugged on his suspenders. He couldn't have possibly worn the clothes he came here in last night, knowing they were wet and partially covered in blood still. I allowed him to borrow some of mine, like I let him do last night before we slept. He seemed tired when he woke up, and even though he hasn't expressed this yet, I know he's terrified.

I placed my hands on his waist, feeling how he tensed up only for a moment before he saw me in the mirror and relaxed again. I chuckled, "I didn't mean to startle you..." I said, wrapping my arms fully around him from behind, "Almost ready for work?"

He nodded quietly, looking at me in the mirror. He smiled softly, placing his hands over mine as he took a deep breath, "I need to go back home and collect my belongings at some point to give Emily some space. It seems silly when the house is under my name."

I rested my chin down on his shoulder, "I can come with you, if need be."

He shook his head, looking away from me, "I mustn't put you through that."

I pouted a bit, and then pursed my lips together, "Even if you just need someone to be there with you..." I sighed, pausing for a moment, "As a friend."

He chuckled, letting out a small laugh, "I believe we're passed the point of friendship."

"I know, darling..." I lifted my head up, just to tilt it down and press a kiss onto his shoulder, "You do understand what I meant, yes?"

He hesitated for a moment, and then nodded in response. He had opened his mouth to say something, but then was interrupted when there was a loud knock on the door. We both flinched, picking my head up and loosening my hold slightly.

My first thought was to ignore it, but then we heard, "London police!"

Soobin's eyes widened so far that I was sure they would pop out of his head. He backed away from my hold, instantly panicking, "Oh god—Do you think Emily reported me?!" He whisper-yelled, his eyes laced with fear.

"Don't panic..." I said calmly, holding my hand in front of his chest to tell him to breathe, "Stay in here, and be silent as I talk to them, alright?"

I was freaking out as well, but I couldn't show that in front of him. Soobin nodded slowly, so I gave him a soft smile and whispered, "Don't worry. I'll be right back." Before I turned around and swiftly walked out of the bathroom and then out of my bedroom.

I softly closed the door behind me, and there was another knock at the door, "London police! Answer the door!"

I took a deep breath to slow my heart rate, and then took a few quick steps to the door. I opened it, seeing two officers before me. I quickly said, "Good morning, gentlemen. I do apologize, I was finishing up with washing the dishes from breakfast."

The officer on the right gave me a small smile, "Not to worry. Are you Daniel Choi?"

I nodded, "Yes, sir. What is this all about?"

The two officers glanced at each other for a moment before one of them said, "Well, we just need to ask you a few questions."

I scrunched my eyebrows, "Regarding what? Have I done something?"

"Not you..." He replied, hesitating for a moment, "About your colleague; Steven Choi."

I felt the pit at the bottom of my stomach, but I had to stay strong, "Did his wife send you? Miss Emily Choi?" I asked, already making up a plan in my head.

One officer raised an eyebrow, "Why do you ask?"

"He stayed here last night..." I replied, leaning a bit against the doorframe, "He and his wife got into an argument; seemed quite violent considering the state he came here in. He was looking for a place to stay and he needed a friend to rely on..." I turned, gesturing behind me, "Slept on that very couch; even cleaned up before he left."