daisies | yeonbin

Description:

We all know that sometimes reality can find a way to slip into our dreams; and when you're with the love of your life, you can't waste a second away from them.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Yeonjun's POV:

I could feel the sun against my skin, warming it up a bit, but not so harsh that it burns. The gentle breeze flowing by every few minutes was soothing, pushing my hair off my forehead. It was so peaceful, getting to hear the birds chirping and the rustling of the leaves as the trees swayed with the wind. The wool from the thin sweater I was wearing was so cozy, almost wanting to curl up into it.

I could see a break in the tree line ahead of me, my feet moving in that direction out of pure curiosity. I could feel every blade of grass I walked on, not seeing the point so much in wearing shoes. It looked even brighter in the direction I was heading, shoving my hands into the pockets of my jeans as I moved. I paused when I got to the tree line, looking up at the sea of blue in the sky with a few puffy white clouds floating about. The grass was so green and bright, looking off to the beautiful mountain range in the background.

Then when my eyes landed on the tree in the middle of the grass, I couldn't help but softly smile. The tree was a perfect rounded shape, big enough to give some shade to the underside of it. The trunk was large as well, probably hundreds of years old just based off the size alone. And then at the foot of the tree was my love, Soobin. He was looking off towards the mountains, so I wasn't able to see him fully, but he still looked so ethereal. His sweater was similar to mine; purple instead of blue. He wasn't wearing shoes like I was either, holding a few daisies behind his back as he stared at the scenery.

He had set up a blanket on the ground, a little basket sitting right next to where he was standing. I chuckled to myself lightly, taking slow steps over to him so that I could etch this picture into my mind forever. Even just the way a small ray of light kissed his skin through the leaves made me fall for him more. After five years, I still can't get over how perfect and beautiful he is.

He was still looking at the mountains once I was close enough, and I guess he didn't realize that I was coming closer because he was so focused. A breeze blew by as I called out, "Soob?"

He instantly turned to me, the wind pushing his hair back a little to expose his forehead. He smiled as soon as he saw me, his eyes turning into macaroons and the dimples carving into his cheeks, "Love, I've been waiting for you." He replied, taking a few steps closer to me.

I took my hands out of my pockets, crossing my arms over my chest instead, "What's all this?" I asked, curious about why he had set this picnic up for us.

"I made us dinner..." He said, hesitating for a moment before he brought his hand from behind his back. I already knew what he had, both of us looking down at the small bouquet of daisies he had in his hand, "I picked these for you. Found them on the way here."

Our eyes met, and he had reached his hand out to give me the flowers. My smile widened, gently taking them from his hand and feeling the butterflies dance in my stomach when our skin touched. I brought them higher, closing my eyes as I breathed in the calming scent of the daisies he had gotten for me; weird how they faintly smelled like vanilla. I replied as I opened my eyes again, "They're beautiful."

He took another step closer to me, placing his hands on my shoulders and sliding them down my upper arms. Our eyes locked again, and I could see the brightness shining through, "Not as much as you." He said, leaning forward to leave a small kiss on my lips.