Prologue 1.1: The Story of the Beginning

"Come close niñas, it is time for you all to hear the story of how our family came to be."

"What do you mean tía? Didn't it start because of Abuelo Nacon?" questioned a cheerful little girl who was carrying a tiger plush, as she looked up at her aunt, waiting for an answer. As well as the other cousins, who were the same age, were older, or were younger then each other.

The question made their aunt, or tía as they always called her that, giggle a little bit.

" No mi niña. He was the one that started the 'big' family and led to a bigger one. This is a story of how we became the be and how we were blessed with a great gift."

"Ooooo." All the little girls said, with eyes full of awe and wonder.

"Many years ago before any of us came to be. There was a woman...

And that woman was our grandmother. Well technically, my great-great-grandmother and your great-great-great grandmother, Ourania Custoslucis. The first 'Custoslucis.'"

" Wait... didn't she have any parents?" One of the other girls asked while she was lying down on an oversized floor pillow, in her tía's room, with an embroidered lion at the corners, on her stomach, waiting for the answer.

" No... Ourania was an orphan. She had neither her relatives or even a last name. She was on her own for all of her childhood. But she was lucky to have friends to help her. Both people, creatures, and even other beings. Thanks to their help, she was able to learn how to use and control the gift that was bestowed to her. She even created her last name.

She did many wonderful things with the gift she had. But remember mis niñas... she used them for good... never for evil. She knew should she ever use her gift for evil, it could destroy and end everything. Nothing would survive. Not even the ones who would want this gift for evil."

" Tía... what would have happened if the ones who wanted the gift, took it from her or from any of us?" A timid girl said in a soft voice, while holding her plush skelecat doll. Another girl, who was holding a sea slug plush, asked, " Yeah, would they be able to control it?"

" ...No... Some tried before but it always ended the same... they always faced their end." The girls all shivered when they heard their aunt say that with a cold monotone voice. And they knew what she meant.

" Ourania and her bloodline are the only ones that are able to have this gift without facing their end. She knew this because of the countless times they tried but... they never succeeded. Remember mis niñas, even though she had no blood family. She always had her own type of family. Thanks to their teaching. She was able to go and have adventures in different worlds.

And during one of her adventures, she made her way to a world that was different from the others she had been to, and... the magic there was very different from what we learn here. As well as the people there."

" What do you mean tía? How are they different from the other worlds?" A kind voice said while she held onto her large heart shaped locket that had an apple engraved on the top.

" They use tools called magic crystals. The magic crystals can come from many forms, shapes, and colors. These magic crystals are used to help the people use their magic with a warning sign. To make sure it keeps the user from overusing their magic. Because if they did then they'll face a terrible consequence for using it so much....

And that would be the end for them..." she said on an ominous note. The girls shivered at that.

"Of course the magic inside themselves was also different too. Theirs was as if they had a crystal inside too. Strange, right?" The girls and their tía giggled.