Chapter 11: Trials

Sakusa
°
°

It's been a week since Atsumu moved to Itachiyama.

And it's safe to say that it's been one of the best weeks of my high school life.

Atsumu and I hang out all the time.

And I'm pretty sure Akagi and Motoya finally started dating.

Jeez... Took them long enough.

Atsumu has become a lot more confident lately.

He always has a smile on his face and accepts compliments much easier.

I can tell that he still over-thinks sometimes, but he's definitely become less shy.

Right now, we were getting ready to trial for the first team boys indoor squad.

We took our positions on the court.

Atsumu was playing middle.

I was playing right wing.

Motoya was playing right back, he said he was trying it out for a bit.

Surprisingly, he was a really good defender.

And Akagi was in the goalposts as our keeper.

I don't know who the two other guys on our team were, but they were okay players I guess.

We absolutely wiped the floor with the other team though.

I thought that Atsumu was scary in outdoor, but in indoor he's a complete monster.

No one could stop him.

I'm glad he's on our team.

He smiled and laughed as he scored goal after goal.

By the time trials ended, Atsumu was beaming.

He grinned as the sweat dripped from his forehead.

I heard the fan girls who had come to watch the trials squeal as he walked off the court towards me.

I can't blame them though...

After all, I'm a simp for Atsumu too.

A week later, we got the list of names for the teams.

All four of us made first team.

The smile on Atsumu's face was one I'll never forget.

He looked so happy, a rare expression to see on his face.

Akagi smiled softly as he watched Atsumu tear up at the sight of his name written under the captain slot in the results.

He hugged me so tightly that for a second I thought that I was going to suffocate.

He took a picture of the results page and posted it on his Instagram, not before he blurred out the school's name though.

And then when we played our first match against Jozhenji, he was on fire.

We made an amazing team.

I truly felt unstoppable whenever Atsumu and I were on the court at the same time.

And then you get Motoya and Akagi on the back lines, saving our asses if needed be.

The other two guys were basically just support players.

They were more than happy to let us take the ball and score.

With Atsumu in our team, Itachiyama won every single match.