Chapter 37

"This is delicious." I moan as I take a bite into my pizza.

"That's what she said.." Uriah winks and we all laugh. Well everyone, excepts Zeke who is glaring at Cole.

"Um, Zeke. How's your pizza?" I stupidly ask trying to break the tension between the two.

"I lost my appetite." Zeke gruffly states before pushing away his untouched pizza.

"More for us!" Cole announces unfazed by Zeke's hard stare as he snatches the pizza from Zeke's plate.

"Yeah, more for us." I agree grabbing the second slice on his plate causing his gaze to shift to me and he narrows his eyes.

"So are we going to pretend nothing ever happened?" Zeke asks with clenched fists.

"Zeke not now." Will nudges him.

"No. She's my damn sister for the last time." He angrily spits out.

"Uriah forgave him." Marlene points out.

"Yeah well I'm not him." Zeke retorts and Toni frowns.

"Shut up Zeke. I told you before, if you are going to act like something is stuck up your ass get out of my life, otherwise you can forgive Cole like I have and stop being so fricken annoying." Toni snaps speaking up and Zeke flinches.

"Fine. I forgive you Cole, but it doesn't mean I like you." Zeke wearily State's after a few minutes and everyone looks shocked.

"Alright." Cole just shrugs it off and takes another bite of pizza.

"Well..... What's the plan for today?" Will breaks the awkwardness and I silently thank him.

"We could go see a movie?" Tobias suggests and we all shake our head in disagreement.

"No, it's to nice of a day to do that, we should go to the beach" Christina offers and I nod in agreement. The beach defiantly sounded amazing.

"Let's do it." Uriah grins and almost everyone is in besides Zeke and Shauna .

"Lee have plans for today." Zeke grabs Shauna's before abruptly standing up and walking towards the door.

Shauna mouths us a sorry and tells us to text her later.

"Well, I guess it's us going." Toni announces.

"Alright, I'm going to go home and get ready, meet you at noon?" I announce and everyone agrees.

"Tris?" Tobias grabs my wrist and gives me a serious look as everyone leaves the dining room.

"Hmm." I hum curiously.

"Your going back to your house?" He asks cautiously.

"Yeah... I should figure things out." I bite my lip. Ever since the accident, I haven't gone home and I've been ignoring my parents. I guess you could say I'm going to be in lots of trouble.

"You sure?" Tobias raises his eyebrows in concern.

"Positive." I confirm confidently. My family is important, I won't let my dad accidentally slipping up ruin our relationships.

"Should I come?" He asks following me out the door of Christina's place.

"Nah, my dad wouldn't like that. Can you drop me off?" I laugh uneasily.

"Of course." Tobias gives me an unsure look then gets in the drivers seat.

"I look like crap today." I groan looking in the rear mirror as he drives.

"Hon, that's everyday." He teases and I stick out my tongue.

"Whatever." I get a small brush from my purse and try to tame the tangles.