Chapter 39

"This is delicious." I moan and Tobias grins.

"Good." We are currently eating at a small diner in who knows where.

"Can I tell you something?" I ask seriously and look him in the eyes.

"Of course." He meets my gaze and I see hope in his eyes.

"Ok.. you have ketchup on your nose." I start cracking up and stop when he doesn't join in.

"I was teasing you." I tell him frowning.

"I know." Toby replies with disappointment.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I ask concerned and he looks at me.

"Tris, there's been something I've been meaning to tell you." His gaze falters from mine and I start to get nervous.

"Yeah?"

"Well... you have ketchup on your nose too." Tobias starts to laugh and I roll my eyes.

"Whatever." I nudge him.

"You going to finish that?" He points to my half eaten olive burger.

"Nah, I'm stuffed." I pay my stomach and he takes my sandwich.

"More for mah." He says in a girly voice and I giggle.

"What are we going to do after here?" I place my elbows on the table and lean my chin in my hands.

"I was thinking maybe we can go to the mall or somewhere?" He suggests with a mouth full of food.

"Sure." I shrug, I really didn't mind as long as I'm with him.

"Unless you want to do something."

"Nah, I'm up to anything, as long as your with me." I cheekily say.

"Awe, aren't you sweet." Tobias flicks my nose and I swat him away.

"Aren't you just a cutie?" I tease back and he frowns.

"I'm not cute. I'm manly." He puffs out his chest and I laugh.

"I pray everyday you will hit puberty but..." I continue.

"Hey! Your the one dating me, so I must not be that bad." He smirks.

"What can I say, I got my moms taste in guys." I laugh then stop in realization. "Never Mind." I mummer.

"What happened Tris? Tell me." Tobias gets up and scoots into the booth so he's right next to me.

"Well, I was getting my bag and overheard my dad talking to my mom. I heard him say I'm not even his daughter, he didn't even care. He knew I was there." I start to tear up at the memory.

"What happen after that?" He pushes.

"I demanded to know what was going on and-" I wipe some tears then continue. "He just laughed in my face, he told me that my mother was a fricken whore. That I'm some one night stand worthless child. God, you should've of seen my mom. It hurt me so much to see her in pain, but most of all I felt betrayed." The waiter came over and Tobias hands him a twenty and motions for him to leave.

"Tris, there isn't anything I can say to change what happened." He clutched my hand and I nod understanding.

"But, just know, wherever you are, I will be. Whenever you are sad, I'll pick you up. If you need a place to go, you are always welcomed into my arms." More tears welled in my eyes and I squeeze his and.

"What did I ever do to deserve you?" I wrap my arms around him and he pats my back.

"We are like a old married couple." Toby mumbles and I chuckle.

"I love you." I whisper into his shoulder and he stiffens.

"I love you more...." He states and I can basically hear his smile. I wipe away the last evidence of tears and look up at Tobias.

"What am I going to do? I can't go back home." I tell him frowning.

"You can stay with me of course." He says like it's obvious.

"What about Caleb?" I completely forgot about him.

"Let's not worry about that now, okay?" He asks and I nod, agreeing.

"Okay. Ready to go?"

"Yep. I already paid so we can leave." Tobias informs me and scoots out of the booth. I catch up to his long strides as he walk out and I grab his hand.

"You okay?" Concern laces my voice. Something isn't right, his hands are sweaty and he looks uneasy.

"Yeah of course, maybe we shouldn't go back yet." He says nervously and I frown.

"Well what do you want to do?" I ask confused.

"We could walk around town?" He suggests. The diner we found a basically non existent town with small shops.

"Sure." I shrug, honestly I want to head back, but I don't want to push him why he is hesitant about going back.

"Look!" Tobias suddenly blurts and tugs me along.

"What?" I furrow my eye brows trying to find what we are running at, finally my eyes land on it causing me to grin wide.

"A cupcake shop!" I squeal as we approach a brick building with a wooden sign. We walk in and I immediately fall in love. The smell of cake and frosting fills my nose and I moan.

"Look at all the flavors.." Tobias says in awe and I gape. There is dozens of different mixtures of cupcakes.

"You kids need somthing?" A stocky lady comes from a back door with a cheeky grin and rosey cheeks.

"Yes please." Tobias quickly states licking his lips and the lady gives a hearty laugh.

"What can I get ya?" She asks.

"Um, can I get the cheesecake crumple cupcake?" I order and Tobias gets a triple chocolate cupcake.

"You sweeties have a good day," The lady waved goodbye as we walked out and we waved back enthusiastically.

"We need to get lost more.." Tobias tells me biting into his cupcake.

"I know right." I agree and we get in the car.

"Damn, it's already almost 5." He states in disbelief.

"Holy crap, we should start finding our way back before dark, yeah?" I say and he purses his lips together.

"I suppose.." He uneasily nods and starts the car.

Oh my gosh!!! 200,000 reads!!! I love you guys soon much!! What did you think of this chapter?
I want to give a shout out to BookFan_Divergent for a super sweet comment last chapter!!

Please comment ideas and questions here ------>

Thanks again everyone and don't forget to Vote, Follow, and Comment!
50 Votes and 30 Comments for next chapter!