Chapter 1

BEEP BEEP BEEP

I wake up to my alarm going off. Today is the first day of Divergent high school. My family moved here from Arizona for my dads job, he got a promotion for being apart of the Government.

"Beatrice, hurry up do you want to be late?" Yelled my annoying brother Caleb, I swear he has a problem all he wants to do is learn.

"Yes, I am not going to school and the name is Tris!" I yell back

"MOM, Beat- I mean Tris is trying to skip school!" Gosh, did I mention he is such a suck up?

"Hun, you need to get ready!!!" My mom yelled from the stairs.

"Yea, of course mom anything for you!" I reply smirking

"Are you kidding me?!?!" Caleb yells after hearing my reply.

I roll my eyes and get up. I lazily look at my clock which reads 6:53AM, school starts at 7:35.

I brush out my long blonde hair and wrap it into a bun. I apply as little make up as I could, trying to keep it light and I pick out my outfit. I end up wearing high waisted black skinny jeans and a white tank top blouse with a leather jacket over it. I take one last look at myself in the mirror before being sastified. By time I leave my room it is 7:04, I run down the stairs and grab a muffin off the table stuffing it in my mouth, I slide on my black and white converse then grab my bag.

"Bye mom!" I yell as I run out the door. I catch her mumbling somthing like bye as she started to finish unpacking. I realized Caleb had already left so I jump in my Ferrari and pull out. My family is rich but I don't use it as a tool to make friends. Truthfully the only real friend I had was Tobias back when I was young, but he died In a car accident. I brush that memory past me and shudder. I drive into the parking lot and stare in awe a the school made of glass walls. Little did I know kids were staring at me and my car in awe too. I blush and get out of my car. I walk to the main office of the whole school and saw my brother sitting in there so I jog up to him.

"Hey what are ya doing?"

"Uh, I am waiting for my schedule. Apperantly there are 5 differant sectors of the school, Candor where you always are truthful, Erudite which have the learners who love to absorb information, Abnegation who help others and are selfless, Amity they are peaceful and always happy, then lastly Dauntless the brave and daring- Eh don't know who would choose them" Caleb explains to me.

"What are you gonna choose?" I ask though its obvious what he will choose.

"Umm I am choosing...... Erudite." He seems unsure of his choice, but I truthfully not suprised, he loves to learn about things.

"How about you?" He asked

" I might choose -" I started before the super attendent called Caleb's name.

I took Calebs seat in the waiting room and watched the clock right now it was 7:14. After a few minutes the Princibles door busted open and out came a boy with stormy blue eyes full of anger wearing all black, he must be from Dauntless. His eyes catch mine then lighten for a few minutes before turning hard again. He says somthing but I am to caught up in his eyes to listen. He walks close enough that our faces are inches away before yelling

"Are you deaf stiff? I said the princible wants you now." Stiff, a slang word for new kid, great.

"O-Ok." Why must I always stutter when I get nervous!

I stand up and bump into him. He sends sharp glares at me that run through my back, I just can't get over the fact of how familiar his eyes look. Not wanting to cause anymore conflict I slip pass him and walk into the office. After I got my schedule I walk out of the office to the sector I chose, Dauntless.