Chapter 5: Missed You

Amber's POV

Today was the day. I'm meeting up with Jay outside my mum's house. We're going to go in together. I've decided to leave Tyler with Jared. My mum's going to go crazy after seeing me, so Tyler would only make it worse and give her a heart attack.

I drove to my mum's house and parked my car beside the sidewalk/pavement. I sat there and waited patiently for Jay's arrival. I saw his sexy car come up from behind and he parked it in the back of mine. He stepped out and walked to my drivers side. I looked ahead and sunk into my seat.

He knocked on my window. I took a deep breath and opened the car door forcing him to move back. I got out, closed the door, and used my remote to lock all of the doors. "Well hello to you too" said Jay.

"Oh. Hello. Sorry, I'm just really scared" I replied.

"If you weren't A.W.O.L. for so long, you wouldn't have to go through all of this."

"For the last time, I did it for you boys. Now let's go."

We walked up the steps to my mum's house and rang her doorbell. "Coming!" I heard her sweet voice say. Unconsciously I grabbed Jay's hand and squeezed it tightly as I heard her footsteps grow louder and louder. I was so nervous. "It's going to be ok" said Jay.

The doorknob turned. The door opened revealing my mum. She gasped and shut the door making me flinch. I looked at Jay and he shrugged. He knocked on the door and said "El, open up."

She reopened the door. Her eyes enlarged. "A-Amber? Is this for real?" she asked. I nodded in response. She looked down at mine and Jay's hands held together. A smile grew upon her face. She looked back up at me.

I quickly detached my hand from Jay's. "We're not... I was nervous... We're not even gonna... We're not together and won't be." I struggled to get the words out. She smirked and then attacked me with a hug. "I've missed you so much darling. Thank god you're back" she said.

She invited us in and we sat ourselves around her coffee table. "Where have you been? Why didn't you call, or visit, or anything?" she asked.

"I needed some time to myself. I'm sorry for neglecting you. I had to take a breath of fresh air and I did. I'm now vet tech and I live in nice house in Nottingham."

"I'm so proud of you! It's good that you're well now. But, why couldn't you have told me you'd be gone for so long? I've been so lonely. My sister passed, my niece is in a mental hospital, and then my daughter just left me in the dust."

"I know. Like I said, I needed time to myself. I didn't want anyone to know of my whereabouts. I'm so sorry mum. I truly am."

"It's alright. You're back now! The whole time I had Bird here to keep me company. So... you've worked things out?"

I looked at Jay as his eyes wandered around the room. I turned back to my mum and replied saying "Not exactly. There's nothing for us to workout really."

"You guys aren't getting back together?"

"Mum" I whined.

"What? You guys were perfect together. Jay's missed you so much. I'm sure all he'd want is to be with you again. Isn't that right Jay?"

"Oh shoot! Look at the time. I've got somewhere to be in a few. Sorry, but I've got to go. I'll see you later El" Jay said avoiding the question. He got up from his seat and my mum escorted him to the front door.

Jay's POV

El escorted me out and closed the door so we could talk. I really need to stop opening up to her about how I feel about Amber and our previous relationship! "Birdy, why didn't you answer? You know you want her back" she said.