Chapter 6: Unexpected Visits

Nathan's POV

I woke up to the sweet scent of conditioner. Expecting to find Amber scattered across me, it was actually Megan. I smiled at her. She looked so peaceful and happy. I'd be happy to be in this position with her, but I keep thinking of Amber for some reason, and it's making me miss her even more.

I don't know why I've been thinking of her lately. I guess it's because Max brought her up. Anyway, Megan and I made up last night. I took Max's advice and brought her a bouquet of red roses. They're her favorite. Amber likes white roses.

Stop thinking of her!

After I gave her the bouquet, I apologized. She forgave me and then invited me in. We made out and then watched a few films. After we got tired, we went to her bedroom and fell fast asleep.

"Nathan" Megan mumbled.

"You're awake?" I asked while sitting up. She sat up as well. "Now I am." She yawned. "Want me to make breakfast?"

"No, it's fine. I'll make it."

"Aw. You're so sweet!"

Yeah, I'm so sweet. I'm so sweet that I only dated you because you remind me of my ex-girlfriend. I'm so sweet that I can't even love you, because I don't want to, and because I'm still not over Amber. I'm the sweetest guy ever, because all I'm doing is hurting you inside and it pains me, but I'm too selfish when it comes to my imaginary desires to do anything about it.

Amber's POV

I left my house this morning and drove to the hotel I'm to stay at. It was really hard to leave Tyler behind. He'll be devastated; as will I.

I don't plan on being away for long. I'll still visit him when I can. I just feel really bad for having left him behind. He's my whole world now. I don't want to leave him sad and without me. Knowing Jared, he'll easily get me off of Tyler's mind from time to time.

My phone vibrated so I took it out from my back pocket. I received a text from Jay.

Jay: 

Tom n Kels are at their place right now. Wanna go?

Me: 

Yeah. How about we treat them to lunch instead?

Jay: 

We can't risk being seen by the paps.

Me: 

Kk:/ Txt me the address.

Jay's POV

I sent Amber Tom and Kelsey's address and set out to go to their place.

I approached the door of their apartment and knocked. I waited patiently for a little while. Tom finally opened up the door. "Hey Bird!" he exclaimed.

"Hey" I replied nervously.

"Come in. Come in. Why do you seem so nervous?"

I walked in and said hi to Kelsey while taking a seat on one of the sofas.

"You guys are getting a surprise today."

"A surprise?" Kelsey asked with curiosity.

"Yeah. You'll either take it well, or horribly."

"Oi. Doesn't sound too good" said Tom. He walked over to the sofa Kelsey was sat on. She was browsing the web on her laptop.

"Just promise you won't freak out."