Chapter 12: Unforgivable

Jared's POV

I headed back into the house after Amber took off. It was probably the most awkward moment I've ever had.

I'm so stupid. I could've wiped my cheek or something, but no.

Do I have any ounce of decency left in me? I would've never brought a girl over and intend on shagging her when I've got someone's kid sleeping in another room. I'm such an idiot!

Now it's official. Amber will only ever see me as a friend. I've completely screwed up any chance I ever had with her. But, did I honestly ever really have a chance with her? Once she finds out who Tyler's father is, there's no doubt she'll go back to him. She was crazy in love with Jay and Nathan, so I doubt her feelings for them have faded.

I only ever wanted her to find out who Tyler's father was because he deserves a father. Not just some "uncle" who's had a crush on his mum forever but never had the pair of balls to ask her out. I've got to face reality now. I don't have a chance with her. Once she hooks back up with the father, I'll pack my things up and get out of her and Tyler's life. They'll forget me, and I'll move on with my life.

"That was rather awkward" said Mabel.

"Yeah, sorry about that" I replied.

"It's fine... Actually, no it isn't."

"I've lost my chance of hooking up with you, haven't I?"

She giggled. "Yes, but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm going to tell you something and if you move an inch after I'm done telling you it, you'll regret it."

"Please don't tell me you're a man with a sex change or have some type of STD." I'm going to fucking die.

"Noway! Why the heck would you even think that? With this body of mine, impossible! And, I'm not a whore."

I gave a sigh of relief. "Good!... Sorry! I watch too much TV." I smiled.

"No kidding. Getting on with what I wanted to tell you, I'm Meridith."

"I thought your name was Mabel?"

"No, I'm Meridith, Amber's cousin."

"You're related to Amber?" I almost yelled in shock.

"Do you seriously not know me? I'm the cousin who hooked up with Nathan... tried killing him... ended up in an insane asylum... Is this ringing a bell?"

What exactly am I hearing? "I thought some girl Amber didn't know did all of that. That's what she told me."

"That was probably her way of just erasing me out of her life and memory."

"Please tell me you're joking" I pleaded with my eyes closed. I'd hoped that when I opened them she'd dissapear. I reopened them. She was still there. This time she had a gun in her hand pointing up at my head, finger on the trigger, and a deadly- psychotic smirk on her face. I was motionless and couldn't properly process what was going on.

"Sadly, I'm not joking. So if you want to remain living, you'll sit your bum on the sofa, shut your mouth, and only answer to my questions. Have I made myself clear?"

I didn't respond. I just swallowed hard and waited for whatever else she'd say, because I honestly couldn't move. I couldn't even blink. I saw my life hanging off the tip of the gun and it just made me lose myself. I felt like a celestial body floating in the air just waiting for whatever was left to be stripped away from me.

"I'll take that as a no." She walked up to me and grabbed me by the arm. She dragged me back into the living room and threw me on to the sofa. Never did she lower the gun. It remained pointing at me.