Chapter 17: Quenched

Amber's POV

I was sat in the living room of Tom and Kelsey's apartment. We were waiting for Siva and Nunu to come over.

"So, how have you been since the Meridith incident?" asked Tom.

"You guys know about that?"

"Nathan told us."

"Oh. I've been okay, I guess. I'm just thankful no one I loved was killed. Unfortunately, my psychiatrist was."

"Sorry about that. It must be hard for you having a psycho as a cousin, especially when you guys were so close," said Kelsey.

"Yeah, it definitely is. But, I just pretend that she doesn't exist to me anymore so the reality of it all won't continue hurting me. I know I act as if all she's done doesn't bother me, but they do, and that along with the person she's become actually pains me a lot. But, I won't waste any tears on her."

"Good for you," Kelsey replied with a slight smile. "After Jay's released from the hospital, everything will go back to normal!"

"Don't be so sure about that."

"Why not? Oh. You've got to deal with choosing Jay or Nathan, don't you?"

"Well, that's one thing, but it's a bit more complicated than that."

"Nireesha will forgive you. Don't worry, hon."

"That's not exactly what I meant, but that is another thing to add to the situation."

I heard a knock at the door and instantly jumped in my seat.

"I'll go get that," said Kelsey. She invited Siva and Nunu in, and my heart predictably began racing.

"Hey Tom!" Siva said happily, and then he spotted me. "A-Am-"

"Amber?" Nunu finished. "I didn't know you'd be here."

"How could you have? She's been gone for years," said Siva. He gaped at me in surprise.

"Yeah, but I resurfaced recently after Jay found me. I actually saw Nareesha days ago," I replied.

Nunu turned her head away.

"Is that true, baba?" Siva asked her.

"Yes," she replied, her voice low.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

She looked up at him. "Because of what she's done to Jay and Nathan! She doesn't deserve to be in their lives again, and certainly not in ours."

"After all this time you've been upset with her? Obviously she's fixed all her wrongs."

"Well, I don't trust her."

"It's not like she'd steal me away from you," he said, laughing.

"I know that. I just don't trust her being apart of their lives."

"Well you should," I replied. "I haven't got any time to be in love with two people at the same time anymore."

She scoffed. "Right," she drawled.

I took in a deep breath and let it out while quickly saying, "It's true, because I've got a son now."

Everyone was perplexed by my words and looked at me with confusion.

"You've got a what?" Tom asked with his mouth failing to close back up.

"I've got a son. His name is Tyler and he's two years old. He's the reason I left London. I didn't want Jay or Nath to find out about my pregnancy. I'd just gotten them to forgive each other, so the baby situation would just bring more destruction to their lives."