Chapter 8: A Date?

Amber's POV

Night had finally came around, which meant I was to attend the cinema with Jay. I was a bit nervous, but unsure why. Maybe it's because I've never actually been out on a date with Jay. And I don't mean an actual date that couples go on! I mean the ones that friends go on. We've never gone out together alone to spend time with each other.

My phone buzzed on my nightstand and I rushed towards it. I unlocked it and read a text sent from Jay.

Jay: 

Hey:) What time do u want to meet up at the cinema?

Me: Now should be good, unless u rn't ready...

Jay:  

Now is perfect actually. C u in a bit!

I hurried and placed my phone into my purse and then basically ran out the building, excitement rushing through my body for reasons I'm not exactly sure of. I drove to the cinema. After parking my car, I went up to the front of the cinema and found Jay standing there with a smile on his face.

"Hey!" I said walking up to him. I shot a smile back. "Hey!" he replied extending his arms out towards me. I looked at them first and hesitantly gave him a hug, which made it as awkward as ever. We parted, unable to look one another directly in the eyes.

"Wanna go inside now?" asked Jay. I nodded my head in response. We then entered the cinema and walked to the ticket stand. We looked up at the screen with the film titles and browsed through it.

"Interested in anything?" he asked.

"Yeah, but it's a chick flick..." I replied.

Jay dropped his head and laughed. " I knew this would happened." He looked at me while shaking his head in disbelief. I gave him an angelic smile hoping he'd agree to watching it.

"Oh alright. We'll watch it!"

I squealed with excitement.

After he purchased the tickets for the film, we bought a bag of popcorn big enough for two at the concession stand along with a couple of beverages. We then went to the room our film would be playing in and went all the way up the staircase to the very back.

Being the gentleman he is, he moved aside allowing me to enter the row of seats first. I sat myself down in the center and he sat down beside me, of course.

The trailers were playing and we didn't utter a word to each other. As nervous as can be, I kept stuffing my mouth with popcorn so that I wouldn't be obligated to say anything. I heard Jay chuckle, so I turned to him and pushed all the popcorn in my mouth to the side of my cheek. "What's so funny?" I asked, making him chuckle even more. I chomped down on the popcorn as he responded.

"You've got the word nervous written all over you. You shouldn't have to worry about anything. It's just a friendly hang out, nothing more" he said reassuringly.

"I know. It's just... I haven't gone out with anyone in a while" I said. "I mean hung out somewhere!" I quickly said correcting myself. Realizing how horrible the lie was, I hurried to correct myself once more, but Jay opened his mouth before I could. I was obviously just afraid he'd turn this into an actual date.

"Just relax. You can't possibly make a fool of yourself or what not. Look at me!" he said pointing to his face. "Do they get anymore foolish than this?"

I laughed. "True, they don't" I said in agreement. "Unless you take your band mates into consideration."

We laughed. "Oh look! The movies is starting. I can't wait to see and hour and forty minutes of pure torture."